Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Weekend Warrior

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,512
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
for the cotronics gasket and two large jars of Blues Hog. you are very kind and generous Mark.

found a hole under the original gasket...

2bb8fe10.jpg

installed cotronics on the lower half only...

6ac0b6ef.jpg

11e06692.jpg

see you at the 'burgh fest, hope I don't forget to return the extra gasket.

Gary
canuckland

Comments

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Hey Gary - mark turned me on to that too. Replaced my large gasket and no probs. Hope all is well with you. :)
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Julia, still after-partying? :P enjoyed your NH posts but too lazy to post :blush: i'm good except for some interesting changes work wise. hope to see you and Dave iat the 'burgh fest.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    If your extra gasket is for the large, I'll buy it at the Pgh fest. I am getting a lg demo and plan to switch out the gasket very soon after delivery. Just talking from experience. The one bummer about the BGE.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    you'll have to ask Mark.
    canuckland
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Hey Mark
    If that gasket is LG, I'd like to buy it from you at the Pgh Fest. I'm getting a lg demo and will replace the gasket before it fails. I learned my lesson.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Hi Gary. I just found your post. You're more than welcome and thank you again for the Canukian sauces. I'm glad to hear you found a ride with the Grand Green Egg. :laugh: Look forward to seeing you again in a month. B)
  • rtr85
    rtr85 Posts: 2
    Options
    What size Cotronics tape is that? I'm trying to determine which one to order. I am installing on a XL egg. Thanks!
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I had a hole in my ceramic similar to yours except there was a slug of ceramic sitting loosely in the hole. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @rtr85 - sorry it was so long ago, I honestly don't know the specs/size since it was a gift.
    @XC242 - the gasket is still holding well, totally forgot about that hole!
    canuckland
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey that coin was supposed to be returned to Ottawa, hoarder. The Cotronics is good, nice install job. I have one in a drawer waiting for my three year old High-Que to give up. Four years out of it, pretty good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Canugghead
    Options
    It was still alive and well in 2011.  btw, we have to say 'three cents worth' since two cents are rounded down to nought, eh? 
    canuckland