Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Weber Q Handle Light

Reverend BSBReverend BSB Posts: 157
edited 10:38PM in EggHead Forum
So a falling tree limb took out the arbor over my egg a few weeks ago. I had a nice light built into the arbor so I could see my egg in the dark. Thats gone now too. So today at work I grabbed a Weber Q Handle Light. It fits under the large egg handle perfectly, and shines right down on the food. Even has an auto shutoff when you close the lid.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6503-Q-Handle-Light/dp/B000WEPFT0

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 9,893
    I rather like that! I can usually be found with a flashlight under my arm. :blush:

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,984
    instead of a flashlight under my arm like you I took an old hard hat and mounted this intense light that has 7 LED bulbs. It's amazingly bright and very lightweight by only using 2 AAA batteries. Works for me!
    IMG_0508.jpg

BTW my first one bit the dust after 8 years, but it was heavy and used 4 AA batteries and wasn't nearly as bright!
    IMG_00611.jpg
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Plus, you'll be in good shape it the arbor ever falls on YOU!! :laugh:

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Post a picture of it installed please.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Heres a couple. I will post some more when it gets dark so you can see it in action.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,237
    I have one. It worked good for awhile but has been kind of flaky lately.
  • Is the Weber Q bright enough to be worth it? I've seen some pretty weak LED lights out there even though the technology has come a long way in recent years. I'm a big fan of the Coast LED Lenser flashlights and headlamps. They're expensive but they are super bright. Wish they would make a BBQ light. I've been using one of the LED BBQ lights that Lowe's sells and I've been looking to upgrade. The fit and function of the Weber Q light might be enough for me to buy one even if the lighting is marginal.

I like the hardhat idea, just not a fan of coal miner gear, LOL. Great idea though.
  • 003.jpg

004.jpg

Gives off some pretty good light.
  • SammiSammi Posts: 446
    Can anyone tell me which model # the light is? Is it a 6503 Q handle.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,602
    edited September 2014
    I rather like that! I can usually be found with a flashlight under my arm. :blush:
    And I thought you were going to say between your legs.... :))

BTW doesn't @cazzy have a couple of lights?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    imageimage
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    I used the 6503 for the photos above, but from my understanding, this doesn't work with the new handles.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,760
    As @cazzy notes, it won't fit with the new wide-spread handles.  That said, I just installed one (6503) on a SBGE ( purchased 8/14).  I don't know if I got an antique old one or just the current SBGE handle hasn't changed.  BTW-I have had one on a mature LBGE for a while-great accessory.   Good luck.
    And @Fred19Flintstone will not approve of this timely post.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
    And I thought you were going to say between your legs.... :))

BTW doesn't @cazzy have a couple of lights?

Beats me, man. This thread is FIVE years old! I have graduated to holding the flashlight in my mouth. Works pretty well, btw.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SammiSammi Posts: 446
    Ordered a pair, Thanks for the help.
    Sudbury, Ontario