Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weber Q Handle Light

Options
Reverend BSB
Reverend BSB Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So a falling tree limb took out the arbor over my egg a few weeks ago. I had a nice light built into the arbor so I could see my egg in the dark. Thats gone now too. So today at work I grabbed a Weber Q Handle Light. It fits under the large egg handle perfectly, and shines right down on the food. Even has an auto shutoff when you close the lid.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6503-Q-Handle-Light/dp/B000WEPFT0

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I rather like that! I can usually be found with a flashlight under my arm. :blush:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    instead of a flashlight under my arm like you I took an old hard hat and mounted this intense light that has 7 LED bulbs. It's amazingly bright and very lightweight by only using 2 AAA batteries. Works for me!
    IMG_0508.jpg

BTW my first one bit the dust after 8 years, but it was heavy and used 4 AA batteries and wasn't nearly as bright!
    IMG_00611.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Plus, you'll be in good shape it the arbor ever falls on YOU!! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Post a picture of it installed please.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Reverend BSB
    Options
    Heres a couple. I will post some more when it gets dark so you can see it in action.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I have one. It worked good for awhile but has been kind of flaky lately.
  • jtriplett38
    Options
    Is the Weber Q bright enough to be worth it? I've seen some pretty weak LED lights out there even though the technology has come a long way in recent years. I'm a big fan of the Coast LED Lenser flashlights and headlamps. They're expensive but they are super bright. Wish they would make a BBQ light. I've been using one of the LED BBQ lights that Lowe's sells and I've been looking to upgrade. The fit and function of the Weber Q light might be enough for me to buy one even if the lighting is marginal.

I like the hardhat idea, just not a fan of coal miner gear, LOL. Great idea though.
  • Reverend BSB
    Options
    003.jpg

004.jpg

Gives off some pretty good light.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Can anyone tell me which model # the light is? Is it a 6503 Q handle.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I rather like that! I can usually be found with a flashlight under my arm. :blush:
    And I thought you were going to say between your legs.... :))

BTW doesn't @cazzy have a couple of lights?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    imageimage
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I used the 6503 for the photos above, but from my understanding, this doesn't work with the new handles.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    As @cazzy notes, it won't fit with the new wide-spread handles.  That said, I just installed one (6503) on a SBGE ( purchased 8/14).  I don't know if I got an antique old one or just the current SBGE handle hasn't changed.  BTW-I have had one on a mature LBGE for a while-great accessory.   Good luck.
    And @Fred19Flintstone will not approve of this timely post.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    And I thought you were going to say between your legs.... :))

BTW doesn't @cazzy have a couple of lights?

Beats me, man. This thread is FIVE years old! I have graduated to holding the flashlight in my mouth. Works pretty well, btw.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Ordered a pair, Thanks for the help.
    Sudbury, Ontario