Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Zippylip Dough recipe Please...Again

Options
EmandM'sDad
EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Zippy,
i know you very patiently gave me the pizza dough recipe at Wess and Sally's. And i know I said i'd remember it. but come on there was alcohol involved. and now I have 5 of my daughter's freinds coming over for pizza tonite. So 1 more time...Please?
thanks,
mike

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Mike, yea, I shoulda known :lol: - Good news is you got enough time, 1.5 cups cold water, 2 teaspoons sugar, nuke 60 seconds, stir to dissolve sugar, keep stirring while you add 2 teaspoons of yeast, let sit for a beer till it looks like picture one, then mix into 4 cups of bread flour w/a teaspoon or 2 or salt, knead for 15 minutes, continue to kneed by hand a few more minutes until you can form it into 2 equal balls (for 16 inch pizzas) or 3 equal balls for large egg sized pizzas (about 12 inch), then await formation of the boobs (couple hours at room temp), see photo 2, then work into pie shape & to the egg you go, see pictures 3, 4 & 5:

It was great to meet & hang out with you at Wess & Sally's, if you have any more specific questions or run into any problems along the journey, do not hesitate to shoot me an email w/your number & I'll do whatever I can, otherwise, enjoy yourself tonight, over the holiday, & have a great weekend, Marc :)

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • EmandM'sDad
    Options
    marc,
    thanks, I wrote it down, and saved it to the hard drive as the guy says... time to make the dough

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family,
    mike
  • BuffaloChip
    Options
    Wess told me you are the pizza man and bragged on your pizzas. Was wondering if you're using AP or a hard wheat high gluten flour? Ever try 7-UP or ginger ale as part of the liquid? Read somewhere they do that a lot in Canada.

--Dave
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Hmmmmm maybe that is why Canadian pizza sucks

( runs, ducks, hides behind a tree eh!! )
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Dave, I use regular el-cheepo bread flour, never tried 7-up or anything like that, just the basic format I gave Mike above - I have been experimenting for years however with Chicago deep dish dough, but after 100 tries & 101 mis-fires :huh: , I just leave that to the experts
    happy in the hut
  • BuffaloChip
    Options
    I'm pretty certain 'bread flour' is hard wheat, high gluten flour. I believe that's part of the reason for the boobs. CO2 can't break out and causes the bubble. Will be trying your dough this weekend. Thanks!

--Dave
  • Zippylip
    Options
    makes sense, I never really knew what the difference was between AP, bread, cake, high gluten.... (& still don't) - I just fumbled about with a few different flours till I settled on the bread flour, it does seem to result in a chewier & overall better pizza crust
    happy in the hut
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i used king arthur italian [low protein] a few times makes a thin crispy crust almost like a cracker and makes a great marghareta pizza in the summer with fresh tomatos and basil
    chores done, firewood in and ready, time for an AZB [amazing zippy bisciotti] and double longo.
    happy thanksgiving
    bill
  • Zippylip
    Options
    cafe doppia lungo con i biscotti meraviglioso e va bene bill
    happy in the hut
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    sì, è il migliore

felice grazie a voi e ai vostri cari