Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza stone setup

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,966
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_1379.jpg
<p />wondering if a second bge stone on top of the soapstone will allow for more heat frome the dome and less from the stone to cook the top quicker. this setup is about 2 inches over the lip now and cooks ok at 550, but if i could get higher temps and quicker cook times without burning the crust i would be happier. i dont want to use parchment, or get a platesetter, but would just an extra bge stone do it. or maybe just another layer of stones under the soapstone. im happy with the finished product, but being able to pull a pizza off every few minutes would be nicer.
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]get a pizza screen. I've got some for medium sized pizzas that run about $2 each from Ace Restaurant Supply. They basically put an end to all burnt crust for me. It's almost too easy now.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    another stone would insulate more, but an airspace between the two would be better still.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante