Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smithfield Smoked Pork Chops

500 Posts: 3,177
These were recommended to me by a buddy of mine. Had overlooked them in the past cause it is shelved with the hams and other Smoked prepared chilled items and not the fresh meat. Grilled direct hot and fast. About 450* flipping to get some color on them. About a 6 minute cook. Tasty. Like a ham type flavor in a thin chop. Will do again but two packages next time. 

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited May 2017
    Good idea for a quick weeknight meal when kids have ball. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmbbs
    gmbbs Posts: 110
    glaze with a little maple syrup and dust with cayenne pepper...good stuff.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    A nice fast week night cook....no muss, no fuss. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    gmbbs said:
    glaze with a little maple syrup and dust with cayenne pepper...good stuff.
    Good idea. Like pig candy
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009