Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on a stick - Beef ribs

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
Man I love these things. Franklin is right - these are about as easy to cook as it gets. 285 degrees, hickory chunks, cook until they probe tender. These took about 6 1/2 hours  - a bit longer than usual.

Life is good my friends. Thanks for looking.
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,590
    Options
    Now thats a post.. Looks awesome.. Love beef ribs..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Great looking ribs you have there.  Nice way to finish off with some Texan brew.  I think I need to move to Texas so I can buy beef ribs.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @johnmitchell @EggNorth Thanks guys. I just love beef ribs. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,671
    Options
    I'd definitely hit it!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Definitely one of my favorite cooks, nice looking grub there.  I've got one more rack in the freeze, then have to go back to RD.  Nobody else in town has them.

screwed up inserting the pic, oh well.  
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @logchief I'm lucky they keep these locally. They are generally select grade, but I can have them when I feel like it. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,472
    Options
    Great cook-beat their pork cousins every time.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @lousubcap Yeah, once you get used to beef ribs, pork is what you buy when the store doesn't have beef...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,542
    Options
    They look great!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice cook brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga