Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Gold brisket, Bacon wrapped dates, Beans, and @nolaegghead Potatoes

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Had our annual Christmas party last night.
Bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese. Seasoned the cheese with DP Pineapple Head and also sprinkled some on the bacon, on the egg with some apple wood for smoke.

These were really good, all were eaten.

Brisket was one of my best yet. Simple rub, oak for smoke until it got jiggly.

Beans were a mix of kidney, cannellini, and black beans. Fried some diced bacon, then cooked some onions in reserved bacon grease. Then built a sauce with various stuff until it tasted good. Put on the egg for a few hours to warm and set up.

Made @nolaegghead potatoes au gratin. Did them in the oven. Also used a mandoline to slice the potatoes so they were consistent. Over 10 pounds of potatoes, with only 2 left I swiped my knuckle on the mandoline. Don't do that.

Bread I made in the oven.

My plate

We had a great time hanging out with friends. For various reasons, I didn't get around to posting this until now...

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments