Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post-TDay post... and what I'm thankful for

Options
The dust has settled, so I finally have time to post.

Turkey was done on the egg, rubbed with Meatchurch's Deez Nuts Honey Pecan, supervised by the FlameBoss 200. (Pic was taken a little while before I puled the bird, since the skin wasn't quite done enough yet). 

I outsourced some of the sides this year - friends brought Brussels sprouts (with pomegranate, prosciutto, red chile flakes), green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole with candied pecans, and tiramisu for dessert. SWMBO made a chocolate espresso pecan pie. I made the bird, mashed taters with parsnip, gravy, mushroom and cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce with Thai chiles, gooey mac 'n'cheese for the kids.  I made the kitchen look like a bomb went off in it, and the kids took care of the rest of the house. It was a grand spread and everyone had a great time.

I'm thankful for many things - beautiful SWMBO who puts up with me, beautiful caliprince who has no idea how messed up it will be to have me as a dad, family, and friends to share this with. Most of all,  I'm thankful that my dad moved back from half-way across the world to be closer to his grandson, and that he carved the bird after a hiatus of about 30 years. I didn't get a pic of that, because I wanted to savor the moment. 

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving with their near and dear ones. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments