Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crazy stuff in Florida

Options

CORRUPT FLORIDA environmentalist NAZI saying bbq smoke out of your yard is illegal!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FYvW1umD4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I thought that only happened in Californestan. B)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That is ridiculous. Something tells me there is a lot more to this story.....than BBQ smoke.  
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That is ridiculous. Something tells me there is a lot more to this story.....than BBQ smoke.  
    It's in Florida. That's story enough.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    No such thing as "crazy stuff in Florida" (in context of Florida).
    Options
    This looks like a primer for the next episode of "Fear Thy Neighbor"! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Time for a prank war until neighbor begs for a truce.

Phoenix 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Pine bark nuggets in an old kettle will smoke her up real good!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It's called a homeowners association. If you live in one of these areas then well.....bwhaha!  I don't and won't. The only complaints I'll get is if I don't send an invite. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    This sounds like some BS that Palm Coast would pull. You couldn't pay me to live there!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This sounds like some BS that Palm Coast would pull. You couldn't pay me to live there!
    Alaska pays you to live there.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Eggcelsior We have great friends that live in Alaska and the $$$ barely offsets the cost of living there. But, they like living there. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Smells like the closet racism that @cazzy was talking about  
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Guarandamnteeit!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Guess I am lucky where I live in Florida.  When I start cooking on my eggs don't figure to have a problem.  My next door neighbor is the county sheriff and he is an egger.  The guy across the street builds fires in the winter with pallets.  You can see the flames above his fence from two blocks away.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Sure smells that way . . . but until we know the race of the complaintant, who knows?

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    It's called a homeowners association. If you live in one of these areas then well.....bwhaha!  I don't and won't. The only complaints I'll get is if I don't send an invite. 
    Where did you get the sense this was an HOA issue? That guy said he was county code enforcement and was reading the municipal code. HOA wouldn't send someone like that to confront you. They send nastygrams.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Absolute and total Bravo Sierra. Anyone that complains about BBQ smoke in a neighborhood, is not a neighbor and should not be living in a neighborhood. Where are the rules for that?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Absolute and total Bravo Sierra. Anyone that complains about BBQ smoke in a neighborhood, is not a neighbor and should not be living in a neighborhood. Where are the rules for that?
    I put that under the mean people suck heading. Really, does BBQ smoke smell bad? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I think most people here are thinking about the little bit of smoke their eggs put out. Even my little vertical smoker running wood puts off a large amount of smoke and if this guy has a large stick burner in his back yard it could be a little much for a residential neighborhood. I know when they cook for our pool parties the guy rents a trailor and if that was burning behind someone's house all the time I bet it would get old. Just throwing my 2 cents in I doubt someone is complaining about an efficient smoker like an egg.
  • shadowrider
    shadowrider Posts: 108
    Options
    Lit said:
    I think most people here are thinking about the little bit of smoke their eggs put out. Even my little vertical smoker running wood puts off a large amount of smoke and if this guy has a large stick burner in his back yard it could be a little much for a residential neighborhood. I know when they cook for our pool parties the guy rents a trailor and if that was burning behind someone's house all the time I bet it would get old. Just throwing my 2 cents in I doubt someone is complaining about an efficient smoker like an egg.
    It does get old.  I had a neighbor caddy corner across the street that was running a large stick burner pretty much 24/7/365 for awhile.  He was selling to grocery stores and what not.  Murphy eventually caught up to him like he always does.