Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas in July

Options
just received my new adjustable rig RB combo with extender and sliding grid for egg #2 and stacked on top of that were 2 of the gen2 smoke ware caps with the flat stopper. 

I also have 5 briskets, 20 sausage links, 20 lbs of at Louis ribs, 2 turkey breasts,  and 20 lbs of bacon curing in my fridge. Daddy is happy. 

Cooking all night tonight for the inlaw's 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow so all the toys will get work right away. 4 of the briskets are for me. $1.59 lb for choice briskets at Randall's is just too good to pass up. They are nice looking too! 

Happy 4th all

Tex
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Throwing a Meatopia? 

Very nice adjustable rig combo.  I plan on getting that same exact setup.  Now what's your address again? 
    Throwing a Meatopia? 

Very nice adjustable rig combo.  I plan on getting that same exact setup.  Now what's your address again? 
    I got another pizza stone too. I cook Pizzas on top of the extender high in the dome.

I guess the 50th anniversary is the Meat anniversary. Cuz that's what they are getting from me. And lots of it. There are 20-25 people coming. It's 2 hrs away so I'm going to pull a Cazzy and cook all night, cooler it all and transport it for service. Good times start around 10 pm and go through 6 am.

Unlike Cazzy, I will be drinking the entire time so this could get exciting in the wee hours of the morning.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    looks fun, congrats and ejoy!
    Seattle, WA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Throwing a Meatopia? 

I got another pizza stone too. I cook Pizzas on top of the extender high in the dome.

I guess the 50th anniversary is the Meat anniversary. Cuz that's what they are getting from me. And lots of it. There are 20-25 people coming. It's 2 hrs away so I'm going to pull a Cazzy and cook all night, cooler it all and transport it for service. Good times start around 10 pm and go through 6 am.

Unlike Cazzy, I will be drinking the entire time so this could get exciting in the wee hours of the morning.

Lol...can't wait to see the progression.  I'm sure you'll kill it!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Egg On!!!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @The_Cen_Tex_Smoker-  Why did I have clue about where this was going wrt the CGS toys...Cuz you hadn't mentioned the "other LBGE" that I believe has a name that I can't recall for quite some time.  The attendees at the party have no idea what they are in for grocery-wise and I will not try to guess about anything beyond that.  You have controllers(s)? as I recall so you can just dedicate the all-night adventure to a party.  I'm sure TFJ will certainly buy that...not!
    Regardless, enjoy the mega-meat cook and the follow-on celebration. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If I wasn't in Chicago right now,  I would have invited myself over... 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @The_Cen_Tex_Smoker-  Why did I have clue about where this was going wrt the CGS toys...Cuz you hadn't mentioned the "other LBGE" that I believe has a name that I can't recall for quite some time.  The attendees at the party have no idea what they are in for grocery-wise and I will not try to guess about anything beyond that.  You have controllers(s)? as I recall so you can just dedicate the all-night adventure to a party.  I'm sure TFJ will certainly buy that...not!
    Regardless, enjoy the mega-meat cook and the follow-on celebration. 
    I don't do names. I just roll with Unit #1 and Unit #2 as stolen from SGH. I'm also rolling with unit #3 tonight. I commandeered my neighbor's egg so I could get all these cooks done in time to get me out the door tomorrow at 9am. The only thing Janell won't be thrilled about is that she is going to have to drive the 2 hrs to her parent's house as I will still be half in the bag at 9 am. Just opened beer #1. It's all downhill from here.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Throwing a Meatopia? 

get the spider and small stone when you do. you can go 3 levels of cooking pretty easy that way with lots of room. I have one for Unit #1 but figured I didn't need it for both. I'm sure I will go ahead and add it one day.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I laughed out loud on that one. Well done. Consider this stolen.

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Awesome way to celebrate America and marriage!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @The_Cen_Tex_Smoker- now that you reminded me, I recall you deciding to use the unit designation.  I honestly don't envy you the cook as I can get well into orbit with one BGE overnight cook, three may put me out of the solar system.
    And I found beer #1 a few hours ago as I am aiming for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) tonight.  Heading for double figures beer-wise and a few bourbon enhancers enroute.  A small rally awaits Fri AM but "no hill for a climber".
    Enjoy your event.  Fifty years is a hell of a milestone-you should feel recognized and honored to be the one who has the heavy-lifting for this event.  But good call on the DD.  :peace:   

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Happy 4th all

Tex
    I hope that you and your family have a safe and Happy 4th as well brother Tex. Sounds like there is going to be some serious grub. Can't wait to see it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The frig shot is hot
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @The_Cen_Tex_Smoker- now that you reminded me, I recall you deciding to use the unit designation.  I honestly don't envy you the cook as I can get well into orbit with one BGE overnight cook, three may put me out of the solar system.
    And I found beer #1 a few hours ago as I am aiming for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) tonight.  Heading for double figures beer-wise and a few bourbon enhancers enroute.  A small rally awaits Fri AM but "no hill for a climber".
    Enjoy your event.  Fifty years is a hell of a milestone-you should feel recognized and honored to be the one who has the heavy-lifting for this event.  But good call on the DD.  :peace:   

I'm already off beer. I'm lulling janell to sleep with a glass of wine before I go turbo and get with the Tito's. That **** ain't gonna drink itself.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

SGH said:
    Happy 4th all

Tex
    I hope that you and your family have a safe and Happy 4th as well brother Tex. Sounds like there is going to be some serious grub. Can't wait to see it. 
    Thank you Scottie. You too.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I probably should not have installed my smokeware caps before this cook. May have to pull them off and go daisy tonight just to make sure these things aren't up to their old tricks of not holding low temps. They look cool though and I bet the new vent design works. I don't see how it wouldn't. 

I'm going to roll with the CyberQ for the brisky just so my adult fun time does not ruin everyone else's fun. There are 2 good bbq joints on the way out there if I eff it up :smiley: 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm sad to hear that curry egg has been rechristened. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited July 2015
    Options
    caliking said:
    I'm sad to hear that curry egg has been rechristened. 
    You are free to think of it as the curry egg is you wish. It has done much more since (although probably not as good). I'm just sad Steven cooked on it. Still feels dirty.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Seasoning the rig before the big night. It will never be this pretty again

• SGH
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
     4 of the briskets are for me. $1.59 lb for choice briskets at Randall's is just too good to pass up. 
    Just curious brother Tex, with the current low beef prices, how much more expensive is prime in your area currently? 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Scottie- we are $3.39 and holding steady for weeks for prime at Costco and the same for the CAB alternative at Restaurant Depot. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    That's some nice looking new hardware you have there. Time to get it dirty!!

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Here I figured you had all that stuff already! Congrats on the new purchases and wish I could stay up with you consuming tasty beverages. . . 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    All choice all $1.97
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Here I figured you had all that stuff already! Congrats on the new purchases and wish I could stay up with you consuming tasty beverages. . . 
    I had s rig for my first egg but I didn't get that for like 7-8 years. I didn't cook with anything other than a stock setup (platesetter, single grid) until 2 yrs ago. I was old school until you bastards started costing me money. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Us bastards are doing you a favor!!! Best of luck with the cook, I'm going to bed.... or I will drink more...
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.