Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does anybody know Anne Hysong that made the pineapple upside down cake

Options
I would like to give her my personal thanks. Tonight I tried the recipe she was passing out. I love it. One thing is that when was caring the stuff to egg I dropped the jar of cherries. Why did it have to be made of glass. It was a big mess and I just did without them. Anyway I did not have a 12" cast iron skillet so I used 2 small ones. Once the butter was melted and the brown sugar was mixed in good I added the Pineapple rings then the box cake mix. 30 minutes latter they were perfect. I almost did not want to make dinner. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wish I could help brother, but I do not know who she is. Maybe other can help. BUMP............

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @ChadEggHeadEst2014‌, I can't help you in finding Anne, but have a few questions.

Can you share the recipe? Also, did you have spacers under the CI?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    @stemc33 .. The recipe is in the PDF of the Octoberfest 2014 recipes I posted.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2014
    Options
     30 minutes latter they were perfect. I almost did not want to make dinner. 
    That's why this is a dessert and should be made after the entree, if you make it first, you may not get to the main course. Much easier on the egg in a skillet than the first time I saw this years ago for the camp dutch oven. 
    @stem33 - here is the recipe.

In.c]redients 1 stick of butter 1 cup brown sugar 1 can of pineapple rings 1 small jar of maraschino cherries 1 box yellow cake mix- prepared to box directions

Recipe contributed by: Anne Hysong

Directions 1. Pre-heat BGE to 350 degrees with plate setter 2. Melt butter in 12" cast iron skillet. 3. Stir in brown sugar until evenly distributed in skillet 4. Arrange pineapple rings in skillet 5. Place cherries inside rings and in as many other gaps as desired 6. Pour cake batter over pineapples and cherries 7. Place in BGE on plate setter and cook until toothpick comes out clean (approx. 30 minutes) 8. Let rest for 10 minutes; flip on to serving plate and Enjoy!

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @ChadEggHeadEst2014‌, I can't help you in finding Anne, but have a few questions.
    Can you share the recipe? Also, did you have spacers under the CI?
    Thought of this after - setter on the fire ring, legs up, grid on the setter, skillet on the grid - no spacers or anything else needed. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ChadEggHeadEst2014
    Options
    That's it smokeyPitt. I didn't use any spacers. I just put the plate setter legs down like she said on the fire ring and put the skillets on top of that. Sense I used 2 skillets that were sitting on the edge I turned them around after 15 minutes. But the 30 minute mark was perfect even without the cherries. Remember you need to let them sit for atleleast 10 minutes before flipping them that's why I cooked them before dinner. I needed the egg to make dinner.
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    FWIW - Most all of those recipes from that PDF have been listed at The BGE Nest http://www.thebgenest.com/m/recipes/home/

I included the credits for each in the post as well.