Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Pickles and Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Stuffed Green Olives

bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited June 2014 in Appetizers

So I haven't posted much over the last few months but I have been cooking. Here are a few new appetizers I've been playing with. I did hot baby dills, sweet baby dills and jalapeño stuffed green olives all wrapped in bacon. I also had a chicken on but I won't bore you with those details. 350° for 45 minutes on the appetizers (till the bacon was as I like). I loved all of them.

Not the plating job that VI would do but I was hungry and lazy.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @‌bigguy136
    Looks good from here my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I've done the olives before. It's fun to experiment with whatever is in the fridge. I like artichoke hearts. They look awesome.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Did the olives take on any smoke flavor?  I have been wanting to try smoking jalapeno stuffed olives for bloodymary's.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    The olives and jalapenos look awesome! 
    How were the pickles?  I can't imagine a cooked pickle would taste good, but it's got bacon around it so how bad could it be?!  :)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    Ok, those bacon wrapped pickles look AMAZING. I can't wait to make some, I don't have a Woo or AR but I'd really like to try those, raised direct or raised indirect?
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Thanks all.
    I would do indirect if you can. Even reheated for lunch today, the were great.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig