Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday's Supper

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,184
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Is in the works. Coconut rice with red beans (in the Dutch oven on the egg but no pic) and Talapia that is cookin right now on a bed of lemons and covered with lemon slices,fresh dill and fresh thyme.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,470
    edited August 2013
    Have a fillet I'm thawing right now, no lemon so will use oranges and dill - Have you tried the same treatment with Basa Swai? Works just about the same. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,184
    And the plated pic

image.jpg 2.2M

·

Have a fillet I'm thawing right now, now lemon so will use oranges and dill - Have you tried the same treatment with Basa Swai? Works just about the same. 

Not sure I am familiar with "Basa Swai". Keep in mind while answering that you are dealing with a KY Hillbilly!!

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,470
    edited August 2013
    LOL - Home of Jim Beam so you guys know what you are doing. Nice plate!
    Basa is a lot like Tilapia, softer texture and even less flavour (if you can believe it) I think it is an Asian cat fish. It does take rub nicely so we often use it with a blackening recipe, finished with citrus. SWMBO likes orange, nice change from the lemon. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    I haven't seen Basa around here but it is hard to imagine less flavor than Talapia. LOL. But this turned out great and will be goin into supper rotation

·