Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday's Supper

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,016
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Is in the works. Coconut rice with red beans (in the Dutch oven on the egg but no pic) and Talapia that is cookin right now on a bed of lemons and covered with lemon slices,fresh dill and fresh thyme.

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,874
    edited August 2013
    Have a fillet I'm thawing right now, no lemon so will use oranges and dill - Have you tried the same treatment with Basa Swai? Works just about the same. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,016
    And the plated pic

Have a fillet I'm thawing right now, now lemon so will use oranges and dill - Have you tried the same treatment with Basa Swai? Works just about the same. 

Not sure I am familiar with "Basa Swai". Keep in mind while answering that you are dealing with a KY Hillbilly!!

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,874
    edited August 2013
    LOL - Home of Jim Beam so you guys know what you are doing. Nice plate!
    Basa is a lot like Tilapia, softer texture and even less flavour (if you can believe it) I think it is an Asian cat fish. It does take rub nicely so we often use it with a blackening recipe, finished with citrus. SWMBO likes orange, nice change from the lemon. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
    I haven't seen Basa around here but it is hard to imagine less flavor than Talapia. LOL. But this turned out great and will be goin into supper rotation