Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dome Temp Gauge is Cloudy

The gauge works fine, it just has a little moisture in it and is a bit cloudy.  Is this normal?  Is there an easy fix? 
Ringgold, Georgia
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    edited May 2013
    It happens to mine. Just let it dry out in the sun or a relatively dry area.
    ·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244

It happens to mine. Just let it dry out in the sun are a relatively dry area.
    +1
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,146
    Clean your glasses or read before you start to drink... cook. 
    Like the guys say, put in the sun and it will be just fine. 
    :))
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    My dome thermo has had moisture in it since the first time it rained after bringing home the Egg,  Works fine and calibrates ok.  
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    Search my old posts I posted a picture of what to do. Just drill a hole in the bottom of the metal on the side and it won't happen anymore.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,589
    Lit said:

Search my old posts I posted a picture of what to do. Just drill a hole in the bottom ovf the metal on the side and it won't happen anymore.

Not sure what the warranty period is... Corporate told me that would void the warranty.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·