Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Temp Gauge is Cloudy

Options
The gauge works fine, it just has a little moisture in it and is a bit cloudy.  Is this normal?  Is there an easy fix? 
Ringgold, Georgia

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It happens to mine. Just let it dry out in the sun or a relatively dry area.
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options

It happens to mine. Just let it dry out in the sun are a relatively dry area.
    +1
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Clean your glasses or read before you start to drink... cook. 
    Like the guys say, put in the sun and it will be just fine. 
    :))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    My dome thermo has had moisture in it since the first time it rained after bringing home the Egg,  Works fine and calibrates ok.  
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Search my old posts I posted a picture of what to do. Just drill a hole in the bottom of the metal on the side and it won't happen anymore.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Lit said:

Search my old posts I posted a picture of what to do. Just drill a hole in the bottom ovf the metal on the side and it won't happen anymore.

Not sure what the warranty period is... Corporate told me that would void the warranty.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN