Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Speaking of Smoke Rings

Years ago I read someone's post that a smoke ring in meat is not really important to the flavor and texture of the meat. It's just pretty...

Someone else mentioned that if you want to create a smoke ring in a Big Green Egg, you can simply drop in a couple of charcoal briquettes. I never tried it because I don't have briquettes handy, but it would be fun to try.

And I also heard that if you chill the meat before putting on the Egg, it gives the meat more time to absorb the smoke before it gets too hot to absorb anymore smoke.

Those are just some of the memories from long ago posts and I'm still a bit confused. So I went looking for answers. I ended up with the best explanation by going to Thirdeye's Playing With Fire and Smoke site.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/03/smoke-rings.html

Take a look. I think you will enjoy knowing why and how smoke rings are important, or not important.

Spring "Smoke 'em If You've Got 'em" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments