Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help!!!

I just came home just to learn that 8 lb butt bass been sitting at 275 for about 2 1/2 hours. Should I take it out or am I screwed?
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,935
    Is it a butt or is it a bass? 

·
  • What is the internal, 275 is OK to cook.....or was that the internal?
    At 275 internal it might be a little dry......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,935
    Yeah, the butt is done around 200F.  The dome temp is fine between 225-325.  If the meat is at 275, that means it's pretty much a ball of hot dry meat-oil.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    Large mouth, small mouth, butt bass.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • All this fishing talk is making me excited, after the lions game tomorrow I suppose I will hit the hard water to do a little ice fishing.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • Butt/Bass OOP!

·
  • Dome temp fluctuated from 225-275. It was really windy outside and was really hard to maintain consistent heat.

·
  • Dome temp fluctuated from 225-275. It was really windy outside and was really hard to maintain consistent heat.

no worries. I cook above that an purpose :). I assume you were fine and ate good food?

·