Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Help!!!

I just came home just to learn that 8 lb butt bass been sitting at 275 for about 2 1/2 hours. Should I take it out or am I screwed?
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Is it a butt or is it a bass? 

·
  • What is the internal, 275 is OK to cook.....or was that the internal?
    At 275 internal it might be a little dry......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Yeah, the butt is done around 200F.  The dome temp is fine between 225-325.  If the meat is at 275, that means it's pretty much a ball of hot dry meat-oil.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,837
    Large mouth, small mouth, butt bass.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • All this fishing talk is making me excited, after the lions game tomorrow I suppose I will hit the hard water to do a little ice fishing.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • Butt/Bass OOP!

·
  • Dome temp fluctuated from 225-275. It was really windy outside and was really hard to maintain consistent heat.

·
  • Dome temp fluctuated from 225-275. It was really windy outside and was really hard to maintain consistent heat.

no worries. I cook above that an purpose :). I assume you were fine and ate good food?

·