Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Prime rib grilled cheese

LitLit Posts: 3,272

Wanted to try my new meat slicer so I went and got a ribeye roast. Seasoned with Susie Qs and pepper and then hot tubbed while I warmed up the egg. Then added some cow lick and more pepper then onto the small for some searing. Finished in the XL at 350 total cook took somewhere around 2 hours. The final resting temp maxed at 140 so I overcooked it slightly but its still really good. Gonna have some good sandwiches for a week or 2. I sliced some colby jack and made grilled cheese and tomato soup with sour cream, hot sauce, and oregano for dinner last night..image.image.image.image.image.image

·

Comments

• Very cool! Thanks for the idea!
    ·
  • nice! that looks really good.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,272
    Thanks. Hapster its made by Chicago Food Company and its the 12" blade. Not sure if its a standard feature on slicers but the top gaurd you just turn it around and there are 2 sharpening stones built in and you just turn the slicer on and it sharpens the blade for you. It seems well made and it only had a couple reviews on Amazon but they were good reviews.
    ·
  • Nice looking meal, like the idea of a sliced beef rather than shredded. 
    @Lit - Cool looking bread - what is that?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Pumpernickel/Rye. It is really good.
    ·
  • Lit said:
    Pumpernickel/Rye. It is really good.
    @Lit - did you make it? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    No I think its Pepperidge Farms
    ·
  • Looks great! Just got a craving for a philly cheese steak.  MMmmmmmm...
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Looks amazing!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443

I just don't understand why you are not ROUND. Damn once more: very nice.

You say: "Gonna have some good sandwiches for a week or 2." yet you will post min of 5 cooks in the next week. So where do all the food go?

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443

Lit I apologize for the post above. Doing several things at once (I should never do over one) I was reading as Griffin 's post. Poking some fun at his expense.

For real: You did a very nice cook.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,063
    That looks awesome!  Nice job!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·