Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Help me nail my first butt!

newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
edited August 2012 in Pork
Okay folks, tonight will be my first overnight cook: a 7.5 lb butt. Target chow time is 6:00 pm CST tomorrow. Any assistance in helping me nail this butt is appreciated. Current plan: -I'm thinking about going 275 dome (no grid thermo yet) and planning on 1.5 hours per pound. -At that temp, if I put it on at 3:00 am, that should give me plenty of time to spare if I run into trouble. If I finish early,I can just foil and cooler it. Logical? -As advertised in other threads, mustard, DP, and not planning on injecting. Should I? Any thoughts, tips, guidance, and/or off color jokes are appreciated. I'll post pics along the way so you can share in the glory that you helped create.
Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown.

Birmingham, AL

Comments