Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 bone prime rib roasts. Any suggestions?

Canadian EggCanadian Egg Posts: 19
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking for girlfriend's daughters anniversary. sides are carrot,s with cinnamon and honey and garlic mashed potatoes. Should I cook this like a steak or low and slow? I'm leaning towards low and slow.

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 10,019
    edited July 2012
    Good call with the low&slow-I go indirect @ around 250*F (+/-) for around 25 mins/# til the desired finish temp.  I'm sure this would behave the same as a larger roast.  You will get an even finish across the roast diameter-I'm gettin hungry.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • Good call with the low&slow-I go indirect @ around 250*F (+/-) for around 25 mins/# til the desired finish temp.  I'm sure this would behave the same as a larger roast.  You will get an even finish across the roast diameter-I'm gettin hungry.
    Thanks lousubcap! Got my Brother to cut me some washers and worked great. Thanks for the link! I went to the butcher and got him to cut the bones off a 4 rib roast and then cut it in half since I don't want to intrude on their romantic supper. Gonna have my own romantic dinner with the mom. :)
  • I'm with Cap- I stole his recipe for Easter and it was outstanding. I did salt, pepper, Rosemary and Oak smoke at 250 indirect until 125 in the middle. 
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX