Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thirdeye's Throwdown Entry ~ Breakfast To-Go

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC01416a.jpg

The local watering hole (home of the Sunday Football Pot Luck) had an early bird gathering to watch the Bronco's and 49'ers play in London yesterday..... so I had to make my Throwdown entry to-go.

DSC01418a.jpg

DSC01420a.jpg

DSC01423a.jpg

DSC01424a.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    nice smoke ring!
    context is important :)
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    what, no gratuitous bed of parsley in those containers?
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nicew cook. Where is the red eye gravy and the Bloody Mary's pics? Where is that biscuit pan from?
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Fantastic biscuits!
  • thirdeye
    Options
    Sorry no gravy, but there were Bloody Mary's!!! I brought along a bottle of pickled green olives with garlic and jalapeno pieces. They added a little kick.

That pan came from my basement. Heheee. Actually, that pan is a Lodge brand drop biscuit pan, notice the straight sides (where a muffin tin would have the tapered sides). If you go with two eggs each, you can do 14 eggs at once in there, and my original plan was to make Rick's Tropical Delights "Hangtown Fry", which he makes in one of these.... but couldn't find fresh oysters. This pan also works better for "Cupcake Thighs", than a cupcake pan does. I guess you better get one 'eh?

DSC07065bb.jpg

DSC09939a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    bet those "to go" items went real fast B)
    picture perfect

still waiting for my smoked fish "care package" :whistle:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I got the oysters, bring on the pan.

OYSTERS2-1.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wayne, Are those pop open and dropem in buscuits? :whistle:
    Just your style buddy! Looks great!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Your biscuits look fabulous! I would love to know how to bake biscuits as perfectly as yours - mine S$@ked. I don't believe I have seen a pan like yours before - would you share your biscuit making secrets with me? :)
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Great for sunday morning/afternoon :laugh:
  • thirdeye
    Options
    DSC01132a.jpg

No!! The're actually easier than that. The "Throwdown" biscuits are the frozen ones. Pillsbury Grands, and they come in a sack. You just take out however many you want and go right into a hot oven or Egg. They cook much better in a cast iron pan, and the advantage of the cst iron biscuit pan is that they like that surrounding heat of the sides of the cups. those suckers really get a rise, and I have never had the bottoms burn. At my elevation, they take about 25 minutes to cook.

The ones in the photo under Richards question are drop biscuits made from scratch.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Options
    Yeah, the Pillsbury Doughboy is my secret. Heheheee. See my reply to Molly's post ^ for the details.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'll have to try them on the egg also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • G.B
    G.B Posts: 2
    Options
    That sausage looks great, home made or bought if so what kind and how did you cook it.