Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Armadillo Eggs!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These were a bigger hit than I expected at EggFest '04
But so many folks wanted the recipe . . . Here Goes. . . [p]
Armadillo Eggs in the Egg[p]Set up your Egg for indirect cooking- I used an inverted plate setter and one of those notdicware cooking grids with the holes in it. . . .anyway
Get the Egg to about 350-400 degrees[p]Heres what you need:
A bunch of good cavernous Jalapenos
1 lb Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage (the kind from a tube)
2 Cups Bisquick
2 Cups shredded Pepper Jack
1 Cup Mozzerella
1 Package Shake'n'bake for Pork
1 egg (for breading)[p]MNix the bisquick, 2 cups of jack cheeze, and sausage. Knead it by hand till you have a form of mouldable dough.
Prep the peppers bu cutting a slit down one side and use a melon-baller or small spoon to scrape out the seeds and ribs (unless you like that kind of thing). Stuff with mozzarella cheeze- but not too tightly or they will burst when cooked.
Take a dolop of the dough and wrap the pepper with it.
Take an egg (or 2 depending how many your making) and give it a good beating. Dip or roll the dough-covered pepper in the egg, then cover in the shake-n-bake.
Arrange on the cooking grid so that they are not touching and put into the egg for about 20 minutes.[p]Variations- Chedder also works well also- I usually make a mix of cheeze, use 2 cups for the dough and use the rest for stuffing. You may also try plain or sage sausage (or make your own!) Also try it with smaller Poblano peppers (my favorite)- yummy![p]enjoy!
The cornbread will take a bit longer to write out- stay tuned. . . . . . . . .

Comments