Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early Thanksgiving Dinner

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pretty eggcited, dusted the cobwebs off the egg this last Sunday night, hasn't been in use since August :whistle:
School and clinicals are crazy, no time to cook or even play around here :(
Veronica, pictured below, came up with a great idea to have a early thanksgiving dinner as a group. We have all been pretty close since this whole thing started a few years ago. Having a house full of 8 women can be pretty challenging :woohoo: :lol:
Brined a couple bone-in breasts and cooked at 325-350 till 160. Our nursing instructor also is a beekeeper and sells her own honey so I decided to incorporate that into a glaze with apple juice, butter, jack daniels, and a little ground mustard.

124.jpg

The plating wasn't the best, but man did it taste good

128.jpg

132.jpg

Here is one for ya Steve, Veronica requesting the Scorched Woman :evil:

133.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Very nice looking breast, great color. How long did they take???

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • Focker
    Options
    Thanks Bordello,
    The bigger one on the left took about 2 and 1/2 hours. The smaller one was a little shy of 2 hours.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Not long at all, I appreciate the info. May end up doing a breast or two soon.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Hi Focker!
    Glad to see you are coming up for air (G A S P) ;)
    So, is this really the last semester before you start working on the BSN?? Or are you going straight into the fast-track MSN program? B) I hope you keep the momentum going 'cause once you stop it's way to easy not to start again.
    Just 1 more piece of old, wornout advise::
    Don't stop EGGIN, man!! It is therapy.
    Spring Chicken uses the Egghead Forum for his therapy, too.
    Nice cook :woohoo:
    Glad you haven't lost your touch :)
  • Focker
    Options
    DOW,
    Glad to see you still around here :)
    Last time I talked to ya, the Egg Nursery/Therapy Center was in production B)

I will gladly take advice from a RN with your experience. Never understood why some like to eat their young? I've encountered a few with that mentality so far in my short journey. Good examples of what not to become. If I hear another person say "Nursing is great, you will have no problem finding a job with the shortage." I'm going to vomit. :angry: :side:

BSN is definitely in the plans. Applying for an MICU position. The organization will pay for your BSN after 1 year of employment. I figured it would take about that to become comfortable on the floor. MSN is also in the plans. Gotta keep chasin' those letters ya know ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities