Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

French Bread Pizza

Options
Slick
Slick Posts: 382
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wanted to get one more cook done before the blizzard starts later today. Prediction is for 12-16 inches. Started with a nice loaf of french bread:
002-2.jpg
Diced tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil:
003-1.jpg
Some home made Italian sausage:
004-1.jpg
A little onions and shrooms:
005-1.jpg
"Light" dusting of cheese:
006-1.jpg
Egged for 25 minutes @400, couple of minutes under the broiler to brown up the cheese:
007.jpg

Gunnar guarding us against invading hordes of deer and turkeys:
gunnarsnow.jpg

Dreaming of warmer days ahead:
lt1-1.jpg

Better go gas up the snow blower. :angry:

Slick

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow that is some seriously good looking food...

did you cook the sausage prior?

12-16 inches man that is bad 58 degrees here now :evil: -

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Slick
    Options
    Bente,

No, I don't cook the sausage first. That's why I cooked a little longer at a lower temp. It's fairly lean, and i like the flavor better if I don't pre-cook.

58 degrees! Sounds like the 4th of July up here!

Slick
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Good looking pizza. As well as the look out. Where are you that you're expecting that much white stuff. Gonna be in the low 80s here today. B) But it is cloudy :whistle: Stay warm.
  • Slick
    Options
    Brett, I feel your pain! I'm up in Maine, near Augusta. I hate the look of glee on the weather man's face when we have a major storm coming!

Slick
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    How's the lobster this time of year? Or is it out of season?
  • Fossil Frank
    Options
    Nice looking Pizza, really homemade,bet it was good.Maine is a great state; I've been up there several times. I tried twice to climb Mt. Katahdin but the ranger closed the Mtn. because of bad weather. My wife and I especially like Acadia Nat. Park. We've hiked all over that park on three different occasions. We were up in North Conway NH last fall while Eggtoberfest was going on. There is sure a lot more to see in Maine than in Indiana.
    Frank from Indiana

I didn't SAY it was your fault
    I said I was going to BLAME you.
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Gunnar is an awesome same for a german shepard.
    Knew a police dog years ago by the same name.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    We do the same but with Ciabatta Bread. Good flavor and the denser bread stands up real well. We'll let you keep the snow...
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Slick
    Options
    Brett, the lobster is great any time of year! Sacrificed a couple of three pounders last weekend! We also get fresh scallops, haddock, mussels, etc. I've only been up here a couple of years, grew up in the Midwest, where fresh fish was typically catfish.

Frank, I know what you mean by Indiana scenery. I grew up in northern Illinois and spent twenty years in northern Ohio. Endless seas of corn and beans! It is beautiful up here, even in the winter. Unfortunately, it takes a while for summer to get here!

Slick
  • R&R Futures Trader
    Options
    Thats some nice looking pizza :cheer: And home made sausage, wow you are serious about this.

ross
  • Slick
    Options
    The sausage was an experiment that turned out great. It's so simple, I won't buy the store bought any more. For each pound of ground pork, I used 1t. salt, 1t. pepper, 1t. fennel seed, 1/2t. garlic powder, 1/2t. paprika. Used the Kitchenaid to blend, refrigerate overnight for spices to do their thing. I've been searching for a good bratwurst recipe, but haven't tried any yet. Trying to decide if I should invest in a grinder and stuffer.

Slick
  • R&R Futures Trader
    Options
    Well, I've got all that stuff, sounds like time to experiment again. Your receipe sounds great.

ross