Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suffed pork loin?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Oh yeah! Onion, sausage, mushroom and feta cheese will fill this bad boy!

1/2 pork loin ready for action:

IMG_2633.jpg

1st cut completed:

IMG_2635.jpg

2nd cut completed, ready for spice:

IMG_2636.jpg

Spice has been applied:

IMG_2637.jpg

Onion, mushroom, sausage, and feta cheese goodness added and ready to roll:

IMG_2638.jpg

Starting to rolled up:

IMG_2640.jpg

Rolled and ready!:

IMG_2641.jpg

Tied up, awaiting the egg:

IMG_2644.jpg

On the Egg!

IMG_2646.jpg

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    That looks great! Nice pictures too.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great send me directions and i will see you in an hour ;)B) :ohmy:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Great pics. I like to wrap in bacon after stuffing.

BACONDODNE.jpg
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Jon,
    Great photo essay!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Very nice! You cook direct the whole time and to what temp?
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Everything is better with bacon!

B);):);)B)
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Once the loin has been butterflied, slice the inside diagonally in both directions [diamond-like], about 1" parallel cuts --

Apply whatever spice you want to use --

And literally rub it in, so it penetrates the meat -- Helps flavor into the meat more.

I also use cooked bacon inside the roulade... to help add moisture to the interior of the meat.

I love your picture-essay! Keep it us with all your cooks!

~ Best!

~ Broc

:whistle: :silly: :ermm:
  • Oledog
    Oledog Posts: 118
    That looks great; what temp did you cook and what temp did you pull it at?

Chris
  • Cooked indirect, actually, the flame you see in the photo is the result of just having added hickory chips. Plate setter legs up, mine is just so black by at this point you can't see it :whistle:. Cooking temperature was 325° for about 1 hour, I do have a thermapen but just pulled this one by sight. Typically, I'll pull them when the center reaches 160° and cover loosely with foil while I do finals on anything else that is being cooked. Final picture missing because, well, the savages that live here with me ate the whole thing before I got a picture :ohmy:.

Bacon - yep, I used to wrap the whole thing in bacon when done rolling, but in a nod to one of the aforementioned savages, I try use less bacon than I have in the past. Now back in the day, all bets were off - If I can find a picture of the "Porkalpyse Now" cook, I'll post it. It featured a whole loin cut to lie flat, layers of prociutto, goat cheese, crumbled sausage, and spinach wrapped around a central core of andouille. After tying the whole thing was wrapped in bacon. It truly was a masterpiece of porcine goodness. (Wipes a tear away as he remembers the porky goodness)