Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playing with Peppers!!!

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Playing With Peppers…

With all the pepper pictures decided to do some playing.

Yesterday, I cooked these in foil. Too much cheese stuck to the foil. Decided to line the foil with parchment paper. That did the trick.

pepperncheese1.jpg

Got a good sized (5 to 7 inch) pepper and mixed up some Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Cream and so it would be neatly I put in some chicken.
pepperncheese2.jpg

One for me and one for Mrs. ~ tried to talk her out of hers but that was quick no.
pepperncheese3.jpg

Plate setter 300° and 1 ½ hours later. Stuffed Pepper nirvana!!!
pepperncheese4.jpg

Time to do some more playing with the cheeses. The chicken didn’t do anything for the flavor. I am thinking of adding some pickled Jalapeno’s and maybe a very few banana peppers. No spices as of yet.

Hope you all have a great day.

GG

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Kent try layering some jimmy dean first, then the cheese. Maybe even put some bacon on top. yummy
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Sounds like a great idea.

I am kind of heading to chili relleno, but I am not sure if the egg batter would hold around the cheese. I have no idea for a chili relleno sauce, I don't want to have just a plain tomato type sauce.

Kent
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I hear you. Little Chef has been talking about the same thing.. :laugh:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Nice. Are they Japs?
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Gramps they really look good
    Dave
  • LC has a huge more chance of getting a good tasting result than I do!!! I have a hard time making oreo's and milk taste good.

Kent
  • Mike,

Up here out pepper selection, where I shop, is handicapped to say the least. Combine that with my knowledge and I am lucky if I can even get to a ‘duno’ answer.

They were in with and priced as Anaheim’s. However, they look bigger than Anaheim’s and taste more ‘pepperish’, ah, more towards jalapeno’s. The outer skin is more of a jalapeno look but smaller in diameter and length. Jalapeno’s seem much hotter and a stronger pepper taste.

My wife picked them for me. I told her to get the biggest and longest peppers she could find. Cooked these taste a lot like the canned ‘green chili’s we get up here. The can somewhat looks like a small version of canned tuna.

Put bacon around these and they would make HUGE ABT’s – 4 or 5 times bigger. I didn’t measure these but the longest could be 7 or 8 inches. The completed cooked stuffed pepper has fantastic taste and flavor. The ones I just did, there probably is more heat from the pepper jack cheese than from the pepper itself. I really didn’t expect them to come out as good as they did.

I have about 6 more, then I am going to make another batch and get just a little more heat in them.

Kent
  • looks fantastic!!!! Of course I have a thing for peppers!