Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Addicted to the Forum are you?????????

Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I find myself clicking onto the forum a minimum of twenty(20 times per day. First thing each morning; last thing at night, and when I go to the bathroom during the night. You might say I should get a life, but the forum and the BGE is a part of my life.
The folks on this forum and their passion for cooking on the BGE I don't believe can be matched by any other forum.
So be truthful. How many times a day do you check in and see what's happening on the forum?
Hammer

Comments

• I'm not addicted. I can quit any time I want. Really. I'll quit after my next post. Yeah, that's it....the next post... :woohoo:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    If you asked my husband he would say I was VERY! LOL He is getting a little tired of me reading "interesting" things to him off from here. but not to tired of the results :evil: I check in 10-12 times a day but I am on Firefox anyways working on my web site for work and taking care of other things. So it is a quick peak here and there. Julie
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    I read it at least twice daily. I always view the posts with pics.

I addition to judging, I continue to learn from the wire.

The pics are the best I have seen. Food is difficult to photograph because it has such a short life cycle.

I tell all my friends that if they are serious about BBQing/smoking view the BGE wire.
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    HeHe. You make me feel better. It depends on the day, if my wife is home, if the weather is beautiful and I can ride 3 wheels or if I try to get caught up on my TV watching.

I will say it is anywhere from 3-4 to 5-6.
  • I am much more addicted at work than at home. No BGE here and no guns and targets so I have more time on the net and this is my favorite site. :S
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I read it everyday. Used to post a lot. Now I just post once in a while..

If you need me I'll be cookin'.. :)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    This is a very nice forum to check out...not too much controversy and bickering, and just a really nice, pleasant atmosphere for the most part. Addicted? You bet. Definitely my favorite site.
  • 5776 posts is a lot IMHO.
  • This is really mild compared to my wife's different groups she belongs to. Between her knitting, sock, tatting, basinji, and leon russell groups...this is nothing. Hehe, I am learning so much about smoking and cooking here it is unreal. Thanks guys.

PS: I already have my room booked for Oklahoma Eggfest. WooHoo
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Very! I can't get to it during the week (food service) but on weekends I am on constantly! Especially since the empty nest situation.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Celtic Wolf
    That includes posts on the old forum too :woohoo:

5777 now... ;)
  • I am a new egger and loving it. No I am not addicted to the Forum. At least iIdon't think so but then I just read all of the responses to your question. Umm maybe I am.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    20-30 times. I've been a part of the 'online' community since there were 300 baud rate bulletin boards..and currently probably belong to 20 other forums across the net..this is by far my most active, most enjoyable, and most educating....basically..I've been logged in since about midnite last nite and was up checking some butts (pix to come soon) and this forum at 3:30 this morning...I'm sick...I know that..but I'm happy :woohoo: :whistle:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    it really depends 20 sounds about right unless i have posted a question....

every morning and night for sure and lots of times in between... wife calls it Egg P0rn ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Real addict!
    At the time I post more questions than answers....but I am new with the egg, not in cooking.... my passion is or was my big Segovian oven at home....now the BGE is the "horno" (oven in spanish) & the segovian is the "adorno"(decoration in spanish)...funny since in spanish both words rhyme. Check the forum at least 5 times a day..more on weekends.
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    It is like an addiction.....I have to force myself to leave sometimes. When I first found this site in 2001 or 2002. I spent every spare minute online. Now it goes in cycles. Right now it's the first place I go to when I'm online.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Is 1 or 2 posts a day for the last 4-5 years an addiction???
  • As a newbie I check in the morning before work, at lunch at work and it is open in a browser window when I am online.

I must say that if it weren't for this forum I would be waiting to install a SS charcoal grill instead of the BGE's.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Not "this" forum...but the forum that "was" some 7 or 8 years ago......the newbies of today may think this forum is great....and it is..but it absolutely isn't the forum it used to be....friendship and sharing was the main topic way back then..to answer your question...I read ALL of the time. tend to post or reply a lot less these days...typically only reply when I have something positive or constructive to add...don't feel or see the need to reply to every post just to boost up the number of posts...but it does seem some try to do that....life is what it is..and the forum is what it is......the egg is a wonderful thing, and we all need to eat, so why not eat good...and the Big Green Egg has given me some of the best meals I have ever eaten....
  • Celtic Wolf
    Grumpy!!! :silly:
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    I try to glance at it pretty often, but I work a ton. Every other weekend or so I get a breather and am able to sit down and actually read through it and maybe sneak in a few posts if I have a question or something constructive to add. I have definitely learned a lot and and been helped by many kind hearted people so far.
    Thanks,
    Cory
  • WessB
    So it would seem.. :laugh: ..."Stranger"...patience is runnin a little thin these days.. :lol:
  • Angie2B
    I remember that forum too.....
  • WessB
    Sad as it is....the E mails and phone calls seem to keep the true friendships alive,,,really don't know if the forum of old will ever be again.....but those who lived it understand...and I was a late bloomer myself..
  • Celtic Wolf
    All great things evolve.. The forum is still good. New blood running the show with the old guard standing by..

Look upon your grandchildren with pride.. :cheer:

Speaking of phone calls Email me your contact info again. When I dumped Sprint's stuff off my phone I lost all of yours.. d'oh!!
  • Hammer
    Wess, I remember the forum of 7/8 years ago as well. There were a lot of great eggers back then and a lot of flame wars that will live in my memory. JJ's Rub?/Tim M?/Ray Lampe before he was Dr. BBQ/ Chris before Dizzy Pig; just to name a few. Good memories!
    We have a great forum today as well! I'm glad that a few of us old timers still post.
    As to the number of posts? I don't want to run mine up, but I sure would like to have the 1,500/2000 that I am missing during this changeover.
    Take care my friend!
    Hammer
  • WessB
    LOL..you stirred a lot of personal memories.....AMEN..
  • Angie2B
    I still get a shock when I see drbbq next to an egg. Some of his first posts after he got an egg were hilarious. Something along the line that he was waiting 1000 years for all the kinks to be worked out. I would have never guessed he would come over to the green side. What happened to Tim, is he still with the "other company"?
  • Hammer
    I talked with Ray in Atlanta at the eggtoberfest, and we were laughing about those days and the flame wars that erupted.
    Tim M has his own web site; google it Tim M; he is I guess with the other ceramic cooker; but he still has a few things on his site about the BGE.
    One other thing I forgot to mention was when the buzz on the forum was about the guru; and shotgun fred was coming to the eggtoberfest and would demonstrate it.
    Good memories!
    Hammer
  • Same here. Though I am only a third year egger and post infrequently, I noticed the flame of comradery waning in the last year. I applaud all of the effort that went into the creation of the new forum, but, I notice a lack of the old family attitude and familiar "faces". I find myself logging on less and lurking more. Feels like slowly losing touch with your college friends and just reading the alumni news letter. Happy egging to all, Marlin Darlin