Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charcoal Stoage… BAG?!?? Whatchya think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,320
    Options
    RRP said:
    Well… not waterproof doesn’t do me any good at all. 
    I agree, but I wonder why BGE says it is:
    The Big Green Egg all-weather charcoal storage bag is the perfect solution for keeping charcoal dry and ready to use, even in the toughest of conditions.

If they said, “perfect for those dry mild sunny days with minimal wind!”  It wouldn’t have the same impact.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    I wonder if there were different models and @zaphod got an early one. BTW @zaphod seeing that was your first post welcome aboard though it sounds like you have been an egger for a while. Perhaps a new moniker?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,190
    Options
    I have torn an entire bag open in frustration.  That didn’t make the situation any better.
    It’s funny because our pup Otto once did the exact same thing to a bag of Rockwood, also out of frustration, only to arrive at the same result.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 10
    Options
    RRP said:
    I wonder if there were different models and @zaphod got an early one. BTW @zaphod seeing that was your first post welcome aboard though it sounds like you have been an egger for a while. Perhaps a new moniker?
    barely a year into egging, but dove in whole heartedly. Yes, first post - joined in July and got accepted last week - 9 months gestation I suppose, but glad to be here.

I think that the bags came out just before I bought one - my dealer had to bring it in for me, and then I got the second in January.  
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,740
    Options
    @zaphod Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, Have fun.
    With nine months to get a security clearance to join the forum, WTF?
    And corporate wonders about their customer/patron base?? What a way to drive people elsewhere.  

Paging @The_Buffalo as that is no way to treat new customers.  You do not need to run background checks and interviews to preserve this place.  Green light the request in the matter of one business day.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    @lousubcap - we both know this reported experience is not uncommon! When the new BGE pres came in asking for recommendations then obviously this comment/recommendation fell thru the cracks! Don’t we all wonder why? 

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,122
    Options
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,301
    Options
    I’d lean towards a big igloo cooler. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,166
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    I use something similar. Holds my birdseed, charcoal and egg parts, and critters that like birdseed. 

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,638
    Options
    Do you not get an outdoor Humidor? Or possibly pull a tarp over an indoor one.😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 10
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @zaphod Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, Have fun.
    With nine months to get a security clearance to join the forum, WTF?
    And corporate wonders about their customer/patron base?? What a way to drive people elsewhere.  

Paging @The_Buffalo as that is no way to treat new customers.  You do not need to run background checks and interviews to preserve this place.  Green light the request in the matter of one business day.  
    oh, it's all good. i took the time I would have spent on the forum and invested it in research and buying stuff for the egg.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian