Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I did a thing with some chicken

Options
This was really easy and freaking delicious. 

Vietnamese style chicken thigh:

2lbs chicken thigh (I deboned skin on thigh)

1/4 cup good soy sauce (added a splash of “Japanese Crack” to regular soy) 
1/4 cup fish sauce (I used the “Japanese Crack” version but you can use any good quality sauce) 
1/4 cup Palm Sugar or dark brown sugar (I used dark brown-adding a little really hot water to the sugar before adding to marinade helps it dissolve)
2 Tbsp packed cilantro
5 cloves minced garlic
Juice and zest of 1lime 
1Tbsp minced ginger 
2 tsp sambal olek or garlic chile oil
Tbsp neutral oil 

marinate yard bird for 30 minutes to 4 hours (lot of acid in this marinade so don’t go too much longer than 4 hours) 

grill indirect at 425 skin side up until 165 internal. You can flip and grill to finish if you want a darker crispier skin. There is a lot of sugar in the marinade so watch it closely or it will burn quickly. I didn’t do that this time but might try that next time (and there will be a next time). 

We served over rice vermicelli with crushed peanut, cucumber, and matchstick carrots. We brought the marinade to a quick boil and then used it as a finishing sauce over the chicken and noodles. Incredible flavor and really easy. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments