Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ERROR!!!! Smitty the Smoker is NOT DEAD!!!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,899
edited March 25 in EggHead Forum
My error. The Smitty who died was Damon Metz.

I feel so bad saying he had died. I do NOT blame my source - it was I who messed up.

I humbly apologize!

Here was a FB post announcing Damon's passing:
I have heart breaking news to share and I wish I could call everyone that has been part of Damon's life. Damon passed away peacefully in his sleep yesterday. He had been in hospice since December and began a decline in the past two weeks. Spencer had been granted accommodations from his professors so he can complete the semester from home and spend time with Damon. Damon was an amazing husband, father and friend and we were blessed to have had him in our lives. We aren't having a funeral and not sure if or when we will have a memorial as we try to come terms with everything. If you would like to do something in memory of Damon you can make donations to anything cancer related, especially kids with cancer or to pet rescue groups or one of your own favorite charities.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    RRP said:
    My error. The Smitty who died was Damon Metz.

I feel so bad saying he had died. I do NOT blame my source - it was I who messed up.

I humbly apologize!

Here was a FB post announcing Damon's passing:
    I have heart breaking news to share and I wish I could call everyone that has been part of Damon's life. Damon passed away peacefully in his sleep yesterday. He had been in hospice since December and began a decline in the past two weeks. Spencer had been granted accommodations from his professors so he can complete the semester from home and spend time with Damon. Damon was an amazing husband, father and friend and we were blessed to have had him in our lives. We aren't having a funeral and not sure if or when we will have a memorial as we try to come terms with everything. If you would like to do something in memory of Damon you can make donations to anything cancer related, especially kids with cancer or to pet rescue groups or one of your own favorite charities.

Damon's handle was "Smokey", not Smitty. He was also known as Chris P. Bacon.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options

Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited March 25
    Options
    Well , overall, I would say this is an excellent turn of events for @SMITTYtheSMOKER

However, my condolences to the gentleman’s family who did pass away.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,770
    Options
    Well , overall, I would say this is an excellent turn of events for @SMITTYtheSMOKER

However, my condolences to the gentleman’s family who did pass away.
    Yes for sure 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hopefully, Smitty the Smoker got to feel the love.

My condolences to the family of Smokey, the person that did pass away.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ragingirishman2
    Ragingirishman2 Posts: 361
    edited April 1
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I don’t want to go on the cart