Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@Smokingal’s Posts

Options
If you haven’t already seen them - and even if you have - do yourself a massive favour and check out the cooks of @smokingal (that’s “Smokin’ Gal” and not “Smoking Al”). Among the most impressive cooking and documentation on this forum, IMHO. https://eggheadforum.com/profile/48267/smokingal

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen anything from her since 2020. A blog that would appear to belong to her has also similarly gone silent around the same time. 

Thanks for helping me dig this up, @JohnInCarolina.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,783
    Options
    I tried tracking her down some time back to no avail, her website had gone down around that time , tried doing some cyberstalking, found her in a couple other places but those to all went silent 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,509
    Options
    Pretty sure she was at one of the Friday video-chats about a year ago (I have trouble remembering how long ago those sessions were).  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,472
    Options
    Incredible talent and I exchanged several PM's with her about some cooks (brisket was the only protein where I felt remotely close to offering anything of value).  Dark and quiet across the spectrum was a concern of many here once recognized.  Truly gifted.
    She never made it to the Zoom sessions.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,096
    Options
    Huge talent in cooking, writing and photography. 
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Am I thinking about someone else?  I thought she was the person who was vacationing in FL, and turned you onto those 'spensive crabs with the black-tipped claws?  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Not liking the trend on these type posts lately 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,060
    Options
    Known smokingal since before becoming part of this forum. She used to be with me and @Griffin on another barbecue forum before any of us had big green eggs.  She’s likely still around, but if I remember correctly, she had a job that sometimes put her away from being able to cook for periods of time. She always made up for it with crazy good cooks and posts. Even though she was an avid cook and food blogger, I believe she kept her social media presence to a minimum. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,568
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    Am I thinking about someone else?  I thought she was the person who was vacationing in FL, and turned you onto those 'spensive crabs with the black-tipped claws?  
    Me guess you are thinking of someone from (not vacationing in) Tampa?
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Botch-you are thinking of Florida Grillin Gal.  And you are correct about the stone crab claws. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Options
    Ah, my bad.  :blush:  

-Cher

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    Botch said:
    Ah, my bad.  :blush:  

i guess faith wont send you stone crab claws now....... =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I also wondered what had happened to her. And yes, that was me on the zoom calls. Sorry for the stone crab rabbit hole.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Glad to have learned about the stone crab claws.  Had some last night and have a few more frozen for the near future.