Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SIX WORDS: A MOBILE VERSION THAT DOESN’T SUCK

Options
That is all.  That’s it, that’s the thread. 
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,414
    Options
    Thanks to my age I have never ventured down to the mobile version-I'm either on the desktop ( what happens when you are almost as old as @Battleborn B)) or just use whatever version pops up on the cell when selecting the forum. 
    Better to be lucky than good in this contest I figure-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    " Watch how I make them dance! BWAAAAAAHAAHAHAAAHAHAAA!!!"

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    The Buff one remains immobile on this issue. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    This used to be a much more active place

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Good luck with that.   We had a great 37 minute run yesterday.   I popped champagne.   

Today, I popped a Miller Lite and just scratched my head.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options
    Good luck with that.   We had a great 37 minute run yesterday.   I popped champagne.   

So what you are saying is during that strange new format that only lasted a while had cured the problem? But then it was gone again? So perhaps that means someone, somewhere might be working on a solution?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,985
    Options
    RRP said:

So what you are saying is during that strange new format that only lasted a while had cured the problem? But then it was gone again? So perhaps that means someone, somewhere might be working on a solution?
    We can only guess, Ron.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,868
    edited August 2023
    Options

Is that a Weber? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Is that a Weber? 
    It looks like a weber on my phone, but hard to tell since I have yo use desktop version.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    They probably stole that photo from Raichlen.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    They probably stole that photo from Raichlen.
    He's a broker, not the artist.  Raichlen probably sold them somebody else's photo.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Just dropped in for the first time in quite a while and spent 15 minutes trying to fix it. Assumed it was my phone until I scrolled down the thread list.  

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    Full disclosure, I did count to confirm the 6 words
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    lkapigian said:

you may have missed the silent swear words, in this case they were silent but they were there and still came across....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,541
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I counted seven, doesn't = does not, no?
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    contractions count as single words, according to TheGrammarNazi.com
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    A is a letter and a word?  I didn't count "A", but I counted Doesn't as two words....
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    A is a letter and a word?  I didn't count "A", but I counted Doesn't as two words....
    Sometimes two wrongs make a right.
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 684
    edited August 2023
    Options

https://www.similarweb.com/website/eggheadforum.com/#overview

edit / disclaimer: I invested about 3 minutes to copy paste the ranking.

I googled "website traffic counters" and chose the first one that was not sponsored.

seems like it tracks what we are all seeing.
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    As someone who teaches at a prestigious university (I mean it’s no Fayetteville State University, am I right), I would expect you not to have to use TheGrammarNazi.com to teach us lowbrow uneducated commoners. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 943
    Options
    Who you calling uneducated? 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Thanks for the data.  Now, with the data is there any hope of reversing the trend/ slope?
    No gems here other than to get the mobile (which I don't use) option back up. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Options
    I feel like I'm just not invested in the quality or quantity of this forum any longer.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2023
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    As someone who teaches at a prestigious university (I mean it’s no Fayetteville State University, am I right), I would expect you not to have to use TheGrammarNazi.com to teach us lowbrow uneducated commoners. 
    You’d prefer I rely on my standard teaching method of placing you in a burlap bag and beating you with reeds?
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    You’d prefer I rely on my standard teaching method of placing you in a burlap bag and beating you with reeds?
    Yes, jokes on you though. I’m into that sh!t. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    Options
    Legume said:
    I feel like I'm just not invested in the quality or quantity of this forum any longer.
    Do you have any suggestions as to how to improve this site to attract and keep members, especially those new eggers who roll in with an issue, get help  and are never to be seen until the next BGE cook crisis? 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks for the data.  Now, with the data is there any hope of reversing the trend/ slope?
    No gems here other than to get the mobile (which I don't use) option back up. 
    Thank you for looking out for the rest of us..

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Legume
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:
    Do you have any suggestions as to how to improve this site to attract and keep members, especially those new eggers who roll in with an issue, get help  and are never to be seen until the next BGE cook crisis? 

Not really Cap.

BGE doesn't promote it as far as I can tell.  They could auto sign people up (as well as auto-register them for warranty) whenever someone buys a BGE, make it opt out vs  opt in.  But I don't think more people helps.   I have no idea of the number of active accounts or how many there were on the OG forum, but my guess is it was much smaller and therefore more of a community. Same here years ago.

To be honest, I have no idea what people expect when they start visiting the forum.