Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP - Bob Barker (end of an era)

Options
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Helluva brawler, too. RIP.
    Stillwater, MN
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    One of the most charismatic people ever on TV.  Getting to meet him would have been better than any prize anyone could have ever won on that show.

A Missouri native by the way.   ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    My wife’s best friend has a daughter who is SO pretty and SO bubbly that she was able to be a finalist in Barker’s final PIR year. She said he really was a nice guy! BTW she won some furniture, a small motorcycle, and a hot tub., But the experience was the thrill of a lifetime according to her and her family watching her on that game show on national TV! 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,770
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    I can’t believe he died one dollar under 100.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    I can’t believe he died one dollar under 100.
    I hear you John!

I'm less than a Jackson behind Bob but I'm not betting I'll get more folding bills back in exchange within the next few years! 

HAPPY currency counting to you!!! May you have a pocket full of bills ahead of you!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    His name was Bob but he spelled it backwards, nobody even noticed.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    The joke was on us all that time 😁
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Class all the way. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    That's an awesome story and memory for you both. If my wife won a $4,000 globe today, she'd give it to a hobo and put a big ole star on it exactly where my apartment is. I'd be fighting hobos for weeks probably. It's not a big deal because most hobos are tired and their shoulders hurt from carrying the sack with the lunch in it all those miles but still, I wouldn't send hobos to her. I feel like this is just one more reason we're divorcing, we have such different ideas on what to do with hobos.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    @WeberWho - you clearly landed a top shelf keeper right there.  Great story and congrats to her for taking the challenge and coming thru.  Many talk the talk but few walk the walk!  She made it happen. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    @WeberWho ..

What @lousubcap  said  ..but more of it.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited August 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - you clearly landed a top shelf keeper right there.  Great story and congrats to her for taking the challenge and coming thru.  Many talk the talk but few walk the walk!  She made it happen. 

Yeah, she figured at the very least she got to spend time with her best friend out in California if it didn't work out. Her friend loves to travel. So it was a perfect fit between them. She left me in the dark until the episode aired. All she told me was that she was a contestant and made the show. It was pretty wild seeing her on TV and not knowing how she did.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That's awesome, @WeberWho! Great restraint for her to keep up the suspense.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited August 2023
    Options
    That's awesome, @WeberWho! Great restraint for her to keep up the suspense.

No doubt. I thought for sure she had the jet skis tucked away in some storage unit when going into the commercial break as I thought she was spot on with her guess for the showcase showdown. Unfortunately she was two hundred something over but was thrilled for the other contestant.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota