Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NHL Playoffs

Options
We're a few weeks out yet, but getting close. Figured i'd get a thread started. Any hockey fans in the bunch? Huge Wild fan and they play the Avs tonight. I have a feeling it'll be a battle the next two weeks for first place in the central.

Bruins currently 57-12-5...insanity.

Comments

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Been a B’s fan my entire life and this team definitely feels special. They’ve won President’s trophies before, but these guys seem to have that chemistry that a lot of cup winners look back on after the season.

The East is so good this year that it’ll be an absolutely gauntlet to get out, especially with a Toronto or TB matchup in the 2nd round. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
     Huge Wild fan and they play the Avs tonight. 

We beat them twice this preseason. 

We will just forget about the other two games against the Avs this regular season....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    My neighbor across the street is a huge leafs fan. If it ever warms up here it'll be some good driveway banter for sure!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Been a huge hockey fan all my life, since 2017. Go Knights Go! VGK and the Wild play Saturday and Monday. It should be a good playoff in the west. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    I think the team that wins the 2nd round series between the Bruins and Leafs/Lightning will win the cup. 
    The Bruins could lose their 1st round matchup against the WC team but I wouldn't bet on it.
    I'm loyal to the Leafs and the Jets for different reasons...I don't like the Jets chances this year.
    Go Leafs Go!
    Goaltending is always the difference!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Battleborn
    Options
    keener75 said:
    I think the team that wins the 2nd round series between the Bruins and Leafs/Lightning will win the cup. 
    The Bruins could lose their 1st round matchup against the WC team but I wouldn't bet on it.
    I'm loyal to the Leafs and the Jets for different reasons...I don't like the Jets chances this year.
    Go Leafs Go!
    Goaltending is always the difference!
    Goaltending is a difference. VGK has played 5 with some success this year. Don’t like the chances in the playoff if it is Quick in net as the #1. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    I am a huge Bruins fan and the team chemistry that has developed has been very fun to watch. The fact that the late additions have been able to seemingly meld into that mix so quickly is a testament to this group. I hope that they win the cup, but no matter the outcome, this has been a very special year. 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I am also a huge Bruins fan, and have been my entire adult life. I have a Cam Neely autographed jersey (not game worn unfortunately) that I will be wearing as they March towards the Cup. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Great thread as it brings to mind where I am (old here) with hockey. I find the sport to be action packed end-to-end and such high speed than even with today's HD cameras and associated technology it is almost too fast for TV.  (Fox tried a visual TV puck enhancement several years ago-no joy)
    I remember the original six (remember old here) and grew up about 45 miles/ 70 KM's south of Montreal.  Hockey night in Canada was a given.  Then moved on and while loosely followed, not a driver. 
    Landed in Washington, DC in the mid '80's.  Had a mini season tix plan with the Capitals (2 years) until moving to the west coast. 
    My amatuer assesment-a very regional sport with rabid fan bases and great live entertainment.
     I will watch the Cup finals here in fly over country but that's where I am today.
    A Friday night mini soap-box post. 
    Be well!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    Well that last Wild/Avs game went better than expected. The boys are looking really good, especially with Kaprizov out. Excited to see how Boldy progresses as well.

@Battleborn we're coming for ya! I keep talking about planning a Vegas trip around a Wild game there. How's the arena? Just found out our industry conference is in Vegas next spring as well.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Well that last Wild/Avs game went better than expected. The boys are looking really good, especially with Kaprizov out. Excited to see how Boldy progresses as well.

@Battleborn we're coming for ya! I keep talking about planning a Vegas trip around a Wild game there. How's the arena? Just found out our industry conference is in Vegas next spring as well.
    Take it with a grain of salt, as I’ve never caught an NHL game in another arena, but it has to be one of the best atmospheres to watch a game. It’s a game and a show. The crowd is great and the arena is easy to get to, especially if you are on the southern part of the Strip. 

VGK are super banged up right now, I have no idea how they are currently top in the west, for now. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• FrostyEgg
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:

Take it with a grain of salt, as I’ve never caught an NHL game in another arena, but it has to be one of the best atmospheres to watch a game. It’s a game and a show. The crowd is great and the arena is easy to get to, especially if you are on the southern part of the Strip. 

VGK are super banged up right now, I have no idea how they are currently top in the west, for now. 
    I imagine it's an awesome building being so new, and also in Vegas. I'll be sure to be in touch next time i'm out your way! Stay safe brother.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Got one, now for Monday. Should be a fun game. My guess is Gustavsson V Quick. The Wild should be able to score at least three hopefully VGK can keep up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    Sorry Canada. It’s now at 30 years. Last night during the 1st intermission, VGK was down 2-1 against the mighty Edmonton Oilers. They were +313 to win the game. I was confident my team would pull it out. Paid off a little. Maybe I’ll have some more beer money for @JohnInCarolina since I clearly lost this round of our beer swap. 

Now to see who Vegas will play in the WCF. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Sorry Canada. It’s now at 30 years. Last night during the 1st intermission, VGK was down 2-1 against the mighty Edmonton Oilers. They were +313 to win the game. I was confident my team would pull it out. Paid off a little. Maybe I’ll have some more beer money for @JohnInCarolina since I clearly lost this round of our beer swap. 

Now to see who Vegas will play in the WCF. 
    Can't go wrong with the other side. 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it