Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole House Filtration/Dust Mitigation/air cleaning for big green egg

Options
kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,434
The new house seems to have a lot of dust landing on all of the white woodwork.  The furnace was equipped with an electric air cleaner.  I was told by the inspector that these are junk and that is probably why it was disabled.  Our cleaning lady commented on how much dust was in the house.... Much more than was in our previous home that was built in 1960.  Wondering if anybody has advice on this situation.  I have a forced air heat and central air conditioning system.
Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Stop scratching yer head! =)

seriously, it’s coming from somewhere and my first guess would be friable insulation in the hvac ducts after the filter.   Stick some tape over the register and see if it picks up anything after a few days.  Plenum leaks will do it too, but you’ll have a dirty evaporator if that’s the case.

just throwing out random thoughts, Larry is the man with this stuff
    Options
    Sounds like ozone to me, I’d be sure it’s off , if it’s not Ozone Dust then your house is under a negative pressure so supply duct leaking… plane sealing in the attic ( all pipe and electrical penetration seal) really helps 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian