Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Formula 1 Saudi Grand Prix Race weekend March17-19 -OT

Race schedule for your planning and viewing enjoyment: (All times EDT-coverage on the ESPN suite with the race on ESPN)

19 Mar

Race

13:00

18 Mar

Qualifying

13:00 - 14:00

18 Mar

Practice 3

09:30 - 10:30

17 Mar

Practice 2

13:00 - 14:00

17 Mar

Practice 1

09:30 - 10:30

Jeddah circuit layout:
More track details here:

Saudi_Arabia_Circuitpng

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Bump to front page. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited March 2023
    I've been following the NFLX show. I don't know how much of this is for entertainment, but I bet RB racing will be under the microscope again this season. Is Verstappen really that good, or have they found something the others haven't?  I did find it comical how the merc was bouncing like a porpoise all season..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    The Red Bull cars are quicker than the competition, a continuation of 2022.  The others can close the gap as the adjusting never stops but for now it is RB.
    Verstappen is that good and consistent.  He benefits from his team as I think the skill sets of the top drivers are al about the same.
    But just an opinion and we all know what that's worth-
    BTW the Mercedes porpoising was a real issue in the early stages of 2022.  Lewis Hamilton was quite vocal about it and had some real back issues because of it. 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    10 place grid penalty for Leclerc because of the electronics power unit issues last race. Not a great start to the season for Ferrari.

Excited to see what Alonso does this week, and hoping McLaren have figured some stuff out. Lando's gotta be getting frustrated.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    lousubcap said:
    The Red Bull cars are quicker than the competition, a continuation of 2022.  The others can close the gap as the adjusting never stops but for now it is RB.
    Verstappen is that good and consistent.  He benefits from his team as I think the skill sets of the top drivers are al about the same.
    BTW the Mercedes porpoising was a real issue in the early stages of 2022.  Lewis Hamilton was quite vocal about it and had some real back issues because of it. 
    Sergio Perez’s comment on Max I thought was pretty interesting.  They both drive for RedBull so the car and the team is identical, but he generally can’t catch Max.  He said something about looking at what Max does and wondering how the *%#* he manages to do it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    lousubcap said:
    Sergio Perez’s comment on Max I thought was pretty interesting.  They both drive for RedBull so the car and the team is identical, but he generally can’t catch Max.  He said something about looking at what Max does and wondering how the *%#* he manages to do it.  
    Max is the #1 driver, so he's generally getting the newer / better go-fast bits  and tuning before those trickle down to Perez.  This isn't unique to RBR, just the way it is in F1 when there's a clear #1 with a team.   

This isn't intended to denigrate Max's skill, which is amazing.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    MO_Eggin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Max is the #1 driver, so he's generally getting the newer / better go-fast bits  and tuning before those trickle down to Perez.  This isn't unique to RBR, just the way it is in F1 when there's a clear #1 with a team.   

This isn't intended to denigrate Max's skill, which is amazing.
    Interesting - I didn't know that!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Qualifying was a bit of a shuffle. Verstappen starting 15th.  But who knows.
    Enjoy this one as another two week break til Australia. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Stupid question, but how do you watch the race?  Is it streaming anywhere?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    Take a look at the opening post on this thread as all race weekends (practice , qualifying and the race) are carried on the ESPN suite of channels.  A few races, likely Miami, Austin, Las Vegas and perhaps a few others will land on ABC. 
    No worries as I will watch the OZ events via DVR... B)

Bottom line, you can catch the race tomorrow on ESPN.  Give it a look especially the start and first couple of laps til the field strings out. 
  • lousubcap
    edited March 2023
    Red Bull one-two again with the drivers swapped.  Sloppy pit crew cost Alonso P-3.  On to Australia in a couple of weeks. 
    Edit-Verstappen started P-15 and ended up P-2.  Some slick driving right there.  The Red Bull mechanical advantages are obvious on the track. 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    Max's overtakes were effortless. That RB car is unreal.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    Stupid question, but how do you watch the race?  Is it streaming anywhere?
    iPhone users..

There is an app for that..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    If reincarnation exists, I’d like to come back as that motorcycle seat.🤪
    You may want to rethink that objective. B)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ok, I suppose there’s a down side.  Like Wednesday after Taco Tuesday….🐒💨👃