Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corned beef briskets

GFP
GFP Posts: 2
First time post, but have been here for a couple years.  You guys rock!  I have 4 corned beef briskets, weighing about 14 pounds total, that need to be done by 6 on Friday.  Any idea how long to smoke at 250?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    Welcome and crap shoot on time, assuming they are a few pounds each and you are shooting for Pastrami , I’d rock the early AM or Night before and hold them , don’t push the window .. desalination is key … my 2 cents 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    As above from @lkapigian.  Don't get rushed. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    They will hold or reheat just fine.  Unless you are looking for the "wow" factor of pulling them off with your guests standing there, don't risk it.  Get them done early.  

Nothing worse than a bunch of hungry folks waiting for the meat to get done.

I had it happen to me.  Imagine my stress when it seemed like it was never geting done, I ended up pulling before it was truly ready, it didn't get to rest as it should, and the meal was a disappointment (to me, those hungry folks were just happy to get fed).

Finish it early, and take pictures.  Then, when they say, "You made this on the egg?" you can show them pictures.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Welcome! I'm glad to see you jump in. Here's a few different options if you're thinking about pastrami. 

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/05/beef-pastrami.html?m=1
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    i bought a 20 dollar pressure cooker exclusively for reheating these. 10 to 15 minutes and they are better than right off the egg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GFP
    GFP Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone!