Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Abused butts

Options
I have two butts I didn't allow ample time to cook and now have a processing issue on my hands.

They're in my fridge and have been since sometime in the middle of the night.  I've been unkind to them.
- started cook late
- cut some chunks off so I could make bbq pizza
- wrapped and coolered to rest for 30 minutes then in the oven at 225 for 90 min, rested in the oven after that for 45+ min
- got home and there was still a good bit of connective tissue, nothing pulled apart yet, bones wouldnt pull out
- I set a timer for 2 hours and let them run at 225 again, woke up somewhere in the middle of the night and chucked em straight into the fridge.

TLDR - three heat cycles (5hr @270 + 1 hr @350; rest 30; 90 min @225; rest 45+; 2hr @ 225; fridge)

Anyone have great ideas about what to do now?  I've always pulled when hot, then frozen in desired serving sizes.  Best I can imagine is to chunk it into roughly 1# hunks and then freeze those directly.  Warm up individually and pull before eating.

Comments