Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Missed it by this much

Options
Bad ice storm here in CTX lost two branches overnight and they just missed the Egg and the Weber
XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Inches from devastated.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good right there.  
    Hope you had power.  
    Read about that storm-definitely  put down some serious ice.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @xfire_ATX

Man that sucks, y'all are definitely getting it worse than us, we have stayed just above freezing.   My in-laws are 1hr NW from Austin and limbs crashing down all over the place around them.    Still reeling from the freeze 2yrs ago, then the drought which took out 6 oaks on the property.   As Joe Diffie sang "Always Something".

Hopefully all are safe!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Glad to see that no damage was done. It sounds like a gnarly situation up there. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    The “like” is because I’m happy for you that it didn’t topple your grills. Hope the cleanup isn’t too bad. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Inches from devastated.
    Who among us hasn't been just a few inches away from something huge at times, right?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Inches from devastated.
    Who among us hasn't been just a few inches away from something huge at times, right?  
    ...and for some of us, it is all the time.

Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Bad ice storm here in CTX lost two branches overnight and they just missed the Egg and the Weber
    How's your power grid holding up?  I hadn't heard of any improvements/changes that were made over the past year...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Botch said:
    xfire_ATX said:
    How's your power grid holding up?  I hadn't heard of any improvements/changes that were made over the past year...
    Oddly even though most people I know suffered through days of power outages 2 years ago... we never lost our power.  Whats odd is that in previous 'rolling blackout' exercises we were the people to get punished.

This time my neighborhood is 40% out but my little enclave is fine.  Not sure what happened here since all the utilities are underground but tree limbs are falling every 5-10 minutes around here.

Update of Austin Energy status

We can debate who was at fault and why they were in the mass grid failure two years ago but one thing is for certain I had never seen weather like that in Central/ SE TX and the fact it lingered for almost a week was really crazy.  Was there planned maintenance sure- its winter when the grid is taxed less, did they have to shut wind down from ice or weatherization- sure but you cant plan for that cold that long, was solar covered with 6" or more of snow- yes. 

Anyway its another TX weather day, if you dont like it just wait a bit it will change.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    Almost sugar glider territory.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • briwald
    briwald Posts: 103
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Inches from devastated.
    ...and for some of us, it is all the time.

I'm always a few inches away from something huge.  Genetics are a ****.
    Maitland, FL
    XL BGE since 2019