Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Added Some Implements of Destruction To The Shop

Options
Decided to add laser engraving and cutting capabilities. Went with a 16x24” bed 55 watt, and a 40x63” 130 watt. 

Got the smaller one up and running today, and made these slate coasters for a friend:

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    AH, geeeezzzzzzz, you REALLLLYYY know how to piss off another serious wood worker!,
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I’m jealous!

Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    New toys! 

Those coasters look smart. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Love those coasters!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Love those coasters!
    If you’re looking for some custom ones . . . . 

😎
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Love those coasters!

😎

You know a guy?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Love those coasters!

😎

You know a guy?  ;)
    I just happen to

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,102
    Options
    Holy smokes!  Pun intended.  That is an amazing setup!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CTMike
    edited January 2023
    Options

Trying to sell some to a couple mega-breweries nearby. These were done by just screen capturing their logo off the website. 

If they decide to buy I will have them send me their logo as a vector file and it will be much sharper. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That thing is awesome! Totally jealous, what thickness steel and aluminum can you cut with that? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    Options
    That thing is awesome! Totally jealous, what thickness steel and aluminum can you cut with that? 
    So these are CO2 lasers and won’t cut metal. They can engrave metal if you coat with a marking spray first. 

Typically to cut metal you need a fiber laser with much higher power (low end ones start around 700 watts and $70k or so). 

This will cut wood, leather, plastics, fabric, paper, etc. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited January 2023
    Options
    RRP said:
    AH, geeeezzzzzzz, you REALLLLYYY know how to piss off another serious wood worker!,
    Don’t mean to cause hard feelings, just wanted to expand what I could offer to folks.

I didn’t exactly comprehend how large the big model is. Measured where I wanted it to go and thought “yup, it’ll fit.” Fit it did, but there was no room to get around it. 

Had to relocate the Shapeoko and a couple other things. 

I had thought that a 26x42’ shop would be all I’d ever need, it amazing how quickly I’ve outgrown it. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • RRP
    Options
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    Don’t mean to cause hard feelings, just wanted to expand what I could offer to folks.

I didn’t exactly comprehend how large the big model is. Measured where I wanted it to go and thought “yup, it’ll fit.” Fit it did, but there was no room to get around it. 

I had thought that a 26x42’ shop would be all I’d ever need, it amazing how quickly I’ve outgrown it. 
    I was just kidding…BUT now…26x42’ shop????? NOW a I am jealous, pissed, and in awe! You sir are a giant amongst woodworkers IMHO.
  • CTMike
    Options
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:

I was just kidding…BUT now…26x42’ shop????? NOW a I am jealous, pissed, and in awe! You sir are a giant amongst woodworkers IMHO.
    I’m just a hack. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • RRP
    Options
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:

I’m just a hack. 
    Hack? Youbetcha! LOL

sign me…wood butcher and sawdust maker!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I don't really know what this sort of gear can do, but what about custom egg  handles?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Very cool, last time I spent a lot of time in a wood shop none of this existed, I am falling behind for sure.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    Options
    caliking said:
    I don't really know what this sort of gear can do, but what about custom egg  handles?
    Absolutely, it can cut or engrave wood with ease. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:

I’m just a hack. 
    Hack? Youbetcha! LOL

sign me…wood butcher and sawdust maker!
    Sawdust? I believe you meant man glitter!

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.