Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

birthday dinner

caliprince's birthday was last week, so he asked for prime rib and crab for his birthday dinner last night. And, some of his favorite sides. 

Fired up the KBQ for the prime rib, with cherry and oak.

First slice off the end. It got even better cutting towards the center. Rubbed it with a  garlic forward "everything but the bagel" mix, and it was delicious!

The rest of it… king crab, ratatouille, Vietnamese garlic noodles, and corn casserole. 

We ate well last night :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I'd say so!!! That looks spectacular!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Happy Birthday to Caliprince!  And that spread looks phenomenal. 

As an aside, I had to check.  It really has been another year!  I remember a fabulous spread for his bday last year.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Imagine what he’s going to ask for when he’s 18…Ha Ha
    Beautiful dinner and incredible father.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Well played. Happy birthday to the boy. Hope he watched carefully to the master.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Caliprince definitely has a Prince-like palette....undoubtedly acquired from prior fine feasts provide by Caliking.

Outstanding!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    Outstanding spread and definitely fit for a prince😋😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Very nice all the way around.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,360
    Did he not request that Simpsons weber this year?
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    My gout flared up just reading the OP!

Tell him to enjoy those meals while he is young! 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • My word, that’s a nice spread. So much variety and elegance. My birthday’s in July, so you still have a pretty wide berth for planning. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Thanks for the kind words, folks. His birthday was in the middle of the week, so he's been milking both weekends as his birthday :)

• caliking
    MasterC said:
    No, not this year :)

I thought of you when I was buying the crab legs, as I said to myself "those do not look like the ginormous ones the fella on the forum posted." Those things were YUGE!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Wow, talk about growing up with a silver spoon! You have few more years to wean him off gourmet dining before he starts eating out with his teenage friends, be warned!
    canuckland
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    WOW . . . dang nice spread!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Great spread!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Very impressive!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    I was hungry, so I came back for seconds.  Still phenomenal.  I am going to call my dad and ask why I only got pizza.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    caliprince knows whats up.  

This. Is. Amazing.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Where have I been.  From pulling the Boy Scout wagon to this.  Livin' extremely well right there.
    Great cook and for a great event!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    @caliking
    hope you are well after today’s storms.   
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    caliking said:
    MasterC said:

I thought of you when I was buying the crab legs, as I said to myself "those do not look like the ginormous ones the fella on the forum posted." Those things were YUGE!
    I know your not going to believe this…but I know a guy who knows a guy who has a Simpsons Weber grill.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    @caliking
    hope you are well after today’s storms.   
    Thanks for checking. Tornado touched down about 15mi from work, and the same from home. Lots of people without power around Pasadena, but haven't seen the reports about fatalities yet. 

• TechsasJim
    Good deal.   We had 3-1/2” in JV and buddy in Sealy had over 5”.   Fortunately no tornadoes hit here but did on the east side of town.  

Glad you are well.   
  • caliking
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    MasterC said:

I know your not going to believe this…but I know a guy who knows a guy who has a Simpsons Weber grill.
    Why am I absolutely not surprised 🤣

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @caliking Great to hear you dodged the weather bullet.  The debris field from a tornado is extremely well defined, even with the collateral damage just off the path.  Had one roll thru here (EF-1) 5 years ago (first time in 40 years) about 3/4 mile away.  
    If I am never that close again it will be too soon. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Awesome meal... Happy Birthday Caliprince!!! I remember him sitting on my knee playing at Butt Blast....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    lousubcap said:
    @caliking Great to hear you dodged the weather bullet.  The debris field from a tornado is extremely well defined, even with the collateral damage just off the path.  Had one roll thru here (EF-1) 5 years ago (first time in 40 years) about 3/4 mile away.  
    If I am never that close again it will be too soon. 
    Thanks, Cap. One of my staff moved to a new apartment last weekend. Tornado ripped the roof off the building right next to hers. Not even a broken window in her building. 

• caliking
    Awesome meal... Happy Birthday Caliprince!!! I remember him sitting on my knee playing at Butt Blast....
    Thank you.

He really misses Butt Blast, and the eggfests we had in TX. BBQ people really are the best people, and fortunately he's had opportunities to realize that :)

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Killing it as usual dude, caliqueen and caliprince are blessed to have you as their private chef. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.