Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    ^^^ And the "Agree" button proves its worth!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    This 2022 GMC Canyon Crew Cab just before Thanksgiving. 

Made the trip over to Tampa for Thanksgiving to spend time with  with Niece, Great Niece, and Great Great Niece. I'm that old.

Still getting used to all the bells and whistles and where the shifter is located. 

It is going back to the dealer in a week to replace the cloth tonneau cover that will not last in the Florida sun. Ordered the hard plastic trifold but dealer put this on.  Successfully cancelled Sirius and the emails to restart it have already begun. 
    FYI...Sirius has free listening going on until Dec 5th...

@botch
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I love Sirius XM.  I pay $7.42 per month.  Less than Netflix, less than a couple of trips through Starbucks.  I spend a lot of time in my car(s), so I really enjoy not having to fiddle with streaming, scanning FM for a clear signal, listening to more commercials and talk than music.  I guess it is a personal preference. 

But, it is a hassle to set a reminder to make a phone call once a year, threaten to cancel, and wait for someone to offer me the service for $6.99 a month.  Takes about 20 minutes a year.  I wish they would just keep giving it to me for $6.99 and not make me have to threaten them.  The first time they charge me the going rate, I will also be done.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    My favourite (nod) radio station is "SCAN."  Turns out Asian car manufacturers have that station available on every make/model I have owned.  The Europeans won't go near it.  
    It's especially entertaining for those long distance road trips.
    A couple of years ago I received a snail mail form from Nielson asking me to fill out a radio listening survey.  Questions about local radio listening etc.  Coincident with the survey we took a road trip of around 5.5 hours drive one way for a weekend.  Yep-I explained "SCAN" in the comments as I recall to count as "listened" it had to be 5 continuous minutes.  I'm sure my partially useful data was trashed.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I love Sirius XM.  I pay $7.42 per month.  Less than Netflix, less than a couple of trips through Starbucks.  I spend a lot of time in my car(s), so I really enjoy not having to fiddle with streaming, scanning FM for a clear signal, listening to more commercials and talk than music.  I guess it is a personal preference. 

But, it is a hassle to set a reminder to make a phone call once a year, threaten to cancel, and wait for someone to offer me the service for $6.99 a month.  Takes about 20 minutes a year.  I wish they would just keep giving it to me for $6.99 and not make me have to threaten them.  The first time they charge me the going rate, I will also be done.
    A Platinum Amex card gets you $20/month rebate back for SiriusXM.  Don't even need to play the game.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    $700/year.  What else you got?
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Langner91 said:

A Platinum Amex card gets you $20/month rebate back for SiriusXM.  Don't even need to play the game.
    Perks of that card are pretty good, we use the monthly Uber credits, streaming credits, and many others that easily cover the annual cost.  It’s a big recommend from this house 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Did you just ask Ozzie “What’s in your wallet?” 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited December 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    My favourite (nod) radio station is "SCAN."  Turns out Asian car manufacturers have that station available on every make/model I have owned.  The Europeans won't go near it.  
    It's especially entertaining for those long distance road trips.
    A couple of years ago I received a snail mail form from Nielson asking me to fill out a radio listening survey.  Questions about local radio listening etc.  Coincident with the survey we took a road trip of around 5.5 hours drive one way for a weekend.  Yep-I explained "SCAN" in the comments as I recall to count as "listened" it had to be 5 continuous minutes.  I'm sure my partially useful data was trashed.  
    All I get listening to SCAN on long trips is a message from screaming preachers that I’m going to heck or country music.  Equally dissatisfying.

On the road (and at home) I listen to NPR on the radio, maybe a football game.  Spotify for music.  Spotify is like Sonos in that you can “broadcast” whatever you are playing on any number of your devices, or all of them at once if you want.  Control it all with your phone
    Bought this out of curiosity anyone had it before?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Nope, but ship that and the other three sixers that make up the case up here and I’ll thoroughly evaluate it for you. 🍺
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Have not, but I’d be willing to bet that’s a lot better than many people would guess.  Let us know what you think.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That was hilarious @Langner91
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Legume said:
    The card is metal and pretty cool.  No limit/no hassle for big purchases is nice.

My wife uses it because she travels a lot.  The lounge access in airports is really nice, and as @U_tarded said, the cash back perks more than pays the annual fee, and all for things we buy anyway.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2022
    Options
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Langner91 said:

Same issues here. I’m a long time subscriber. Recently, they offered me an annual plan that would renew at the low price. Only catch, had to give them your cc number for annual draft. I couldn’t bite…..have to call back in 6 months. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bbracey21
    Options
    Langner91 said:

Same issues here. I’m a long time subscriber. Recently, they offered me an annual plan that would renew at the low price. Only catch, had to give them your cc number for annual draft. I couldn’t bite…..have to call back in 6 months. 
    I just set a reminder yesterday to call and cancel… $5 + taxes a month is worth the PITA phone call I’ll have to make this time next year. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options

I’ve had it. I think it’s very good. Good flavor, easy to drink, not overpowering like some are. I’d buy it again.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Returning some Kuiu gear and ordering more.    Frustrating game some times with online only dealers.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Bought the tree. Up from last year, of course. Decorations going up tomorrow, at which point I may nauseate you with yet more photos. 

Not my dog. Watching for B-I-L. 

L

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations Did he leave you any ponies to babysit? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Assuming this is the BIL with the stable 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @alaskanassin

Funny you should ask. I told him the car needed to stay with the dog, but he laughed it off. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @alaskanassin

Funny you should ask. I told him the car needed to stay with the dog, but he laughed it off. 
    What if the dog needs to go somewhere??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    @alaskanassin

What if the dog needs to go somewhere??
    Funny you should say that (part 2)….

When I made the joke about leaving the GT3, he told me the dog wasn’t allowed to ride in it. 😁 Presumably his excuse for not leaving it in my driveway. 🙃
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I had no idea Serius was still in business. I thought it died along with Divx and HD-DVD.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I had no idea Serius was still in business. I thought it died along with Divx and HD-DVD.
    We could only hope...  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month