Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Starting over with new profile

About two months ago my password vault had a catastrophic incident and was wiped out. Since I didn't know my account password, it was in a vault that I checked out when I logged in, I was locked out of my account. The password reset function here is broken as I tried to reset my password multiple times but never received anything to my Gmail account. Out of frustration I created a new email account to create a new profile here. I completed the email verification for my new account but my new account had no permissions to create a post, comment on a post, update my profile, etc. I figured it might need 12/24 hrs for my email verification to process. Weeks later, still no permissions to create a post or comment on anything. I almost gave up but sent an email to the abuse forum and within a week they activated this account. 

I'm glad to be back as I appreciate this forum and its members. The challenges I experienced must be effecting new members from joining so I hope admin will take note. 
XL BGE
Plainfield, IL.

Comments

• That sucks but it has happened to several people on here. Cparktx2 comes to mind and there are others as well. Glad you persevered and got back in. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • About two months ago my password vault had a catastrophic incident and was wiped out. Since I didn't know my account password, it was in a vault that I checked out when I logged in, I was locked out of my account. The password reset function here is broken as I tried to reset my password multiple times but never received anything to my Gmail account. Out of frustration I created a new email account to create a new profile here. I completed the email verification for my new account but my new account had no permissions to create a post, comment on a post, update my profile, etc. I figured it might need 12/24 hrs for my email verification to process. Weeks later, still no permissions to create a post or comment on anything. I almost gave up but sent an email to the abuse forum and within a week they activated this account. 

I'm glad to be back as I appreciate this forum and its members. The challenges I experienced must be effecting new members from joining so I hope admin will take note. 
    fyi @The_Buffalo
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,208
    About two months ago my password vault had a catastrophic incident and was wiped out. Since I didn't know my account password, it was in a vault that I checked out when I logged in, I was locked out of my account. The password reset function here is broken as I tried to reset my password multiple times but never received anything to my Gmail account. Out of frustration I created a new email account to create a new profile here. I completed the email verification for my new account but my new account had no permissions to create a post, comment on a post, update my profile, etc. I figured it might need 12/24 hrs for my email verification to process. Weeks later, still no permissions to create a post or comment on anything. I almost gave up but sent an email to the abuse forum and within a week they activated this account. 

fyi @The_Buffalo
    Lol.  Tell us you have no helpful suggestions without telling us.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Wait till you lose your google password.