Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat swadl ~ a bag

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    That looks interesting. I'm not sure it's worth $50 when most of us have a couple old towels laying around specifically for wrapping meat. I could see how it would look a little more professional with catering but most professional caterer's have Cambros or other ways to hold the meat. I'm not sure how necessary it is for home use given cheap/free towels will most likely do 95% of what this does. Just my initial thoughts of it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    When I’ve needed something like that, I just use the cheap ones at the grocery store ( thermal bags ) 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • iudex
    iudex Posts: 79
    Options
    Seeing their video only raised more questions.
    In addition: handwash only, how is any meat smell ever going to go away without proper cleaning? 

Very weird, I could never drop that kind of money on what is basically a very fancy towel replacement
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    Man I love poking rhe bear
    Columbus, Ohio
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I guarantee there is a market for this, as long as there are people taking videos of themselves squeezemashing the juice out of their briskets… to prove how juicy they turned out. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Never tried using a bag to swaddle my meat.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Call me a redneck, but in the past, I’ve literally pulled racks of ribs out of a garbage bag to serve. You will always get a rise out of your guests if you do this and tell them “it’s amazing what your local Walmart will toss into the dumpster.”
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    Man I love poking rhe bear
    You know you already bought three of them, don’t lie.
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Not for me.  Butcher paper a towel and a cooler.  Pizza delivery bag probably same thing.
    Columbus, Ohio