Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asking For A Friend

Seriously – “asking for a friend” who purchased a Large BGE in Charlotte – to pick it up next weekend – he wants to begin shopping for accessories before – HIS QUESTION – which system smokes the largest number of ribs at one time -  the CGS’s adjustable rig or the BGE’s Expander

\Mr. Toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    CGS, hand's down will do the most ribs.  However, it is more "complicated" in my opinion.  As long as he knows what to get, he will be happy.  If he is confused, their website and phone support is not very intuitive, in my experience.

If he really wants to do the maximum number of ribs, he should have bought an XL, or 2XL.  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,214
    Most ribs, hands down, just a grate and roll them.  Used to do that on Webers.  Works a treat.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Have done 12 with two rib racks with the adjustable rig but a poster here did 24 standing on the regular grid
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,589
    Use the search function here and you will get more info than you can digest.  That said, if he is hard-over to get accessories before rolling with his new BGE then CGS is the way to go.  
    Here is their link for the LBGE accessories:
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/large-big-green-egg-accessories  
    As mentioned above, when conflicted give them a call.  Straight shooters and will give him solid answers.
    He may want to slow roll the urgency here as run-time to learn the rig definitely will influence his moves going forward.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I will also add that the eggspander  is a direct ripoff of the PSWOO from ceramic grill store but made in China and more expensive than the PSWOO designed and built in Texas by a great dude. Either setup is best purchased from Tom at CGS. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I will also add that the eggspander  is a direct ripoff of the PSWOO from ceramic grill store but made in China and more expensive than the PSWOO designed and built in Texas by a great dude. 
    But… it’s green…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike