Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    So glad November elections are getting close and Biden decided to drop the prices a little.

Guess he doesn't need Maine or mass.  3.89 reg,. 5.09 premium still holding strong
    Need to build some refineries on your salmon lake.  Gas price is highly dependent on distance from the refinery.  Eff wind turbine fish killin blades forever!!!!
    We were doing good till the green tree hugging protesters cancelled out a Seabrook nuke build.....liberal climate destroyers I say.  Same folks stopped a hydo power corridor thru Maine to mass last fall using an existing corridor. Electric power is skyrocketing.  It's like shooting one of your feet at a time and wondering what to shoot next.  We got lithium too that will never see daylight,. It's buried under the trees like Maine doesn't have alot of trees
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • So glad November elections are getting close and Biden decided to drop the prices a little.

Guess he doesn't need Maine or mass.  3.89 reg,. 5.09 premium still holding strong
    Need to build some refineries on your salmon lake.  Gas price is highly dependent on distance from the refinery.  Eff wind turbine fish killin blades forever!!!!
    We were doing good till the green tree hugging protesters cancelled out a Seabrook nuke build.....liberal climate destroyers I say.  
    The concerns over nuclear power are definitely overblown, but these days it's simply not as cost effective as renewable energy.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    So glad November elections are getting close and Biden decided to drop the prices a little.

We were doing good till the green tree hugging protesters cancelled out a Seabrook nuke build.....liberal climate destroyers I say.  
    The concerns over nuclear power are definitely overblown, but these days it's simply not as cost effective as renewable energy.  
    Paying for two and getting one plus all the court costs makes it even worse. So nuke power is out.  The Canadian hydro power has been voted out. Gas, propane, nat gas is short supply. Lithium mine won't happen. Commercial fisheries vers hydro haha.  Watching solar farms pick up and the maniacs will start shooting that down. Doomed.  Only thing no one seems to complain about around here is geothermal, we need a scientist to say something bad about it and let Maine social media take it from there
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    at this rate prices will be back to normal in three years

but its getting better, cant wait to pay extra for that lousy winter gas thats coming soon

fukahwee maine

• I actually saw diesel for $4.85. Admittedly at Murphy’s off of the main drag. With Russia cutting off Europe and Iran sanctions still in place I don’t see it getting much better before next spring.
  • Down to $3.42 here.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I paid $3.29 the other day.  Kid in Austin said it’s been $2.79ish
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Oil companies seem to be doing very well.
  • fishlessman
    14.8 cents per kwh jumps to 33.9 nov 1.  just ordered 2200 pounds of coal
    fukahwee maine

• Sacramento. 

Snellville, GA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

Sacramento. 

Must be an old photo. GasBuddy tells me that every ARCO station in Sacramento is selling Regular for $5.25-$6.19/gallon.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I’m not sure about gas buddy but if that’s what you are finding then it’s inaccurate. Not sure why I would lie about gas prices but maybe some folks do. So if you consider “old picture” as 24 hours ago, then you busted me. And while I’m
    likely a snowflake in the eyes of some, I’m not the snowflake that disliked your post. 

Snellville, GA

• Good Lord man you have discovered that gasoline right next to the airport is much more expensive than everywhere else.  Strong work, Columbo.  
  • HeavyG
    I’m not sure about gas buddy but if that’s what you are finding then it’s inaccurate. Not sure why I would lie about gas prices but maybe some folks do. So if you consider “old picture” as 24 hours ago, then you busted me. And while I’m
    likely a snowflake in the eyes of some, I’m not the snowflake that disliked your post. 

I wasn't accusing or even hinting that you were lying. You didn't say that was a pix you personally took in the last few days. Just thought that was perhaps an older pix found on the net somewhere.
    The pricing seemed like a real outlier (which it in fact is) given how prices have dropped so much in the last few weeks in most areas (I doubt there is even a gas station in Hawaii charging that much now) and since GasBuddy didn't show that pricing I assumed, incorrectly as it turns out, that was an older pix.
    Thanks for sharing.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    2.79 at the Bucees near me yesterday. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • My god, something doesn’t fit the narrative so
    you guys get sensitive.I was simply sharing gas prices I found shocking in the gas prices thread. Forgive me.

@JohnInCarolina yes I discovered a crazy price for gas and shared it. Figured others would find it crazy as well. Didn’t realize I would strike such a nerve amongst the softies. I’m next to airports every week of my life and I have never seen anything close to this. Maybe you see it often
    and it wasn’t the needle in a haystack I thought it was. 
    Snellville, GA

• My god, something doesn’t fit the narrative so
    you guys get sensitive.I was simply sharing gas prices I found shocking in the gas prices thread. Forgive me.

@JohnInCarolina yes I discovered a crazy price for gas and shared it. Figured others would find it crazy as well. Didn’t realize I would strike such a nerve amongst the softies. I’m next to airports every week of my life and I have never seen anything close to this. Maybe you see it often
    Gas is plenty expensive in California man.   But it’s not $7 a gallon everywhere in Sacramento, just near the airport.  It’s not about some narrative, it’s just about understanding what you’re looking at.  Story over.  
  • You said story over, but may I have one more word, please? What you fail to understand is I never said, nor implied, that gas in all of Sacramento was $7. That was an assumption you made all on your own. And it is definitely about some narrative, no other reason that picture would have gone sideways like it did. Just a simple picture of crazy gas prices. Nothing more. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    2.96 today in Alabama.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • You said story over, but may I have one more word, please? What you fail to understand is I never said, nor implied, that gas in all of Sacramento was $7. That was an assumption you made all on your own. And it is definitely about some narrative, no other reason that picture would have gone sideways like it did. Just a simple picture of crazy gas prices. Nothing more. 
    Yes, you are right.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited October 2022
    My god, something doesn’t fit the narrative so

When John says “story over”, then God has spoken.  How dare you question his statement.  Go back in your hole, and wait until he gives you permission to come out and speak. He rules this forum, and anyone that questions him and his agenda will be mocked & banned for all eternity. He is the “ALMIGHTY” and you are a “peon” in his world.
    I get on here on the weekend, and it never ceases to amaze me how much stupidity gets posted in the course of a weeks time.  Libtards!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My god, something doesn’t fit the narrative so

When John says “story over”, then God has spoken.  How dare you question his statement.  Go back in your hole, and wait until he gives you permission to come out and speak. He rules this forum, and anyone that questions him and his agenda will be mocked & banned for all eternity. He is the “ALMIGHTY” and you are a “peon” in his world.
    I get on here on the weekend, and it never ceases to amaze me how much stupidity gets posted in the course of a weeks time.  Libtards!
    Do you just cut and paste from past rants or spend actual time re-typing your theory that John is god and controls everyone?  Reminds me of the pettiness you see in HS. 

The good thing about your rants is you are a poster child for everyone that needs a good motivational read on what *NOT* to be..."that guy".   Thanks for helping make the world a better place.

Mistakes - Despair Inc

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I thought Ed was going to fix @JohnInCarolina .  Maybe the golf game hasn't happened yet.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Food for thought:
    "The biggest domestic culprit for America’s current inflation is big corporations that are using inflation as an excuse for raising prices above their own cost increases, resulting in the highest profit margins since 1950 — while consumers are paying through the nose."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    will see what happens in a week or two, BP seems to raise prices first around me, premium is back up to 5.29 this morning.
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    Yep, things are tough all over right now.
    "It's all Bidens fault!" say the residents of Simpleton Township.
    Certainly can't blame Exxon/Shell/BP/etc., who are raking in record profits can ya? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯