Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow cooked pork steaks

Cooked these raised with the WOO Ring but slower this time.
Really came out great!

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Looks great,  nice idea for the side.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    just had to throw down the pork steak gantlet again didn’t you? ;) 

Looks great!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    RRP said:
    just had to throw down the pork steak gantlet again didn’t you? ;) 

Looks great!
    Just trying to keep up with you Ron.
    These really were much better from than the last batch. They were even from the same package as last ones. Pulled from the freezer last night. I honestly was not looking foreword to eating these again. Was a pleasant surprise.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    well, Sir…last week I also egged another set and like you from the same package (meaning same pig just like you) but this time I applied rub to both sides, but otherwise I swear I did everything else the same. But the second attempt was not as good - too dried out. Soooo I think I’ll go back to my first successful cook since I have 8 more in my freezer!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks good! Great color on those.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    caliking said:
    I brushed 1 side with that fancy Soy Sauce. Was afraid of making it to salty, but I could have done both sides.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    I brushed 1 side with that fancy Soy Sauce. Was afraid of making it to salty, but I could have done both sides.
    Excuse my unfamiliarity with the term “fancy soy sauce” - is that the same as “dark soy sauce” which I love, but have a problem finding locally sometimes? 
  • Photo Egg
    RRP said:
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    Excuse my unfamiliarity with the term “fancy soy sauce” - is that the same as “dark soy sauce” which I love, but have a problem finding locally sometimes? 
    Kind of an inside poke at @caliking
    His past post got me to buy this expensive stuff.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Darian . . . nothing better than grilled pok and some beans!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    @Photo Egg, how low and slow? Y’all got me wanting pork steaks now
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    edited September 2022
    On the note of fancy soy sauce... I just found 5 liters of this Japanese Kikkoman for only $25 delivered with Prime.

it’s less salty than American red label but more umami. And it’s 100% better than the green label.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Photo Egg
    On the note of fancy soy sauce... I just found 5 liters of this Japanese Kikkoman for only $25 delivered with Prime.

it’s less salty than American red label but more umami. And it’s 100% better than the green label.

That’s fantastic.
    ‘Thanks for the heads up!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    ColbyLang said:
    @Photo Egg, how low and slow? Y’all got me wanting pork steaks now
    I started with temp about 250 and let it slowly climb to around 300 while flipping every 5-7 minutes. I brushed 1 side with soy sauce when pork hit 160 and pulled it on next flip. It had a little crust from seasoning rub but still moist and tender. These were not very thick and not super awesome but a solid dinner for sure.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • i usually do the Tootsie recipe for thick pork steaks but I also like doing the "best porkchop I ever had" method from centex

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Looks awesome. I love pork steaks.