Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @Stormbringer

Beautiful. What takes you to that area, specifically (other than the beauty, of course)?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @GrateEggspectations - @Stormbringer will provide the specifics but he was the Queen's appropriate surrogate for this past Friday's zoom/speakeasy session.  I get running submerged and undected but... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Enjoying another amazing sunset, near Wolfville in Nova Scotia. 

Visiting NS again, or should I say welcome to canuckistan?
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Enjoying another amazing sunset, near Wolfville in Nova Scotia. 

Visiting NS again, or should I say welcome to canuckistan?
    Operational Security will keep him from commenting, but can confirm this photo is not London.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • @GrateEggspectations @Canugghead it’s another holiday and migration research trip 😉. Also doing astrophotography this trip. The lack of light at night here is great and the core of the galaxy should be visible later this week. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    should i be getting nervous.........

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • should i be getting nervous.........

Yes.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• should i be getting nervous.........

150k miles on that vehicle?  If I were you I'd be buying lotto tickets.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    should i be getting nervous.........

You have a lot of emoji’s on you dash. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    cruise is on, automatic braking is engaged with cruise, forward danger alert engaged, high speed setting at 84, cruise is set for 79 for the 65 mph road, lights are on with auto high beam, not changing the tire valve stem with battery til i change out my dry rotted tyres this fall.  if im driving over a cliff, dont sit in the passenger seat, the passenger air bag system says its not working. i dont believe her
    fukahwee maine

• cruise is on, automatic braking is engaged with cruise, forward danger alert engaged, high speed setting at 84, cruise is set for 79 for the 65 mph road, lights are on with auto high beam, not changing the tire valve stem with battery til i change out my dry rotted tyres this fall.  if im driving over a cliff, dont sit in the passenger seat, the passenger air bag system says its not working. i dont believe her
    Honest question fish, was the Range Rover purchase like a dream car thing? I love the look of them but would never purchase any Land Rover product. If I was going to buy an older luxury 4x4 it would be a Toyota land cruiser or Lexus variant.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    edited September 2022
    i looked at alot of second hand vehicles when searching, for the money and the miles this one topped the list. owned by a guy in cambridge, garaged, and most of the mileage was back and forth between boston and florida and to dude ranches in new york. you need to really look over any toyota products up here closely, with the salt we put down in winter the frame is gone in 8 to 10 years. this thing really drives nice though, 4x4 modes are the best ive iver used in deep mud, tyres are close to 70k miles right now and would be good for another 30k or more if they didnt dry rot so quickly (3.5 years and the dry rot is really bad) kumho tyres. so far its been brakes, a 4 foot brake line, and the third tail light replaced. theres a small vibration at 75 which could be those tyres or could be a ball joint but that would be expected anyways with any car at this mileage.

never buy a new range rover, the value sinks like a brick

as a note with the toyota trucks, i did find a toyota last month to replace my dads old toyota ( 300,000 miles on it), his "new" one has 71000 with a new frame upgrade, frame replacement is free by toyota but somehow the bill adds up to 3k when you replace all the other stuff that gets destroyed replacing the frame.
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    i looked at alot of second hand vehicles when searching, for the money and the miles this one topped the list. owned by a guy in cambridge, garaged, and most of the mileage was back and forth between boston and florida and to dude ranches in new york. you need to really look over any toyota products up here closely, with the salt we put down in winter the frame is gone in 8 to 10 years. this thing really drives nice though, 4x4 modes are the best ive iver used in deep mud, tyres are close to 70k miles right now and would be good for another 30k or more if they didnt dry rot so quickly (3.5 years and the dry rot is really bad) kumho tyres. so far its been brakes, a 4 foot brake line, and the third tail light replaced. theres a small vibration at 75 which could be those tyres or could be a ball joint but that would be expected anyways with any car at this mileage.

as a note with the toyota trucks, i did find a toyota last month to replace my dads old toyota ( 300,000 miles on it), his "new" one has 71000 with a new frame upgrade, frame replacement is free by toyota but somehow the bill adds up to 3k when you replace all the other stuff that gets destroyed replacing the frame.
    I like my Jeep, all those lights and warnings are expected.  Nobody expects you to fix them on a Jeep.  The Range Rover has an expectation that is should be fixed.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman

I like my Jeep, all those lights and warnings are expected.  Nobody expects you to fix them on a Jeep.  The Range Rover has an expectation that is should be fixed.

my pet peeves with the rover, my major complaints.  drink holder is not refrigerated and or heated depending on what im drinking.  wiper blades are heated but should lift off the glass when parked at temps below 40f.  why are there no dog settings in the back seat for seat air conditioning and seat heating, why is it not automatic when my poor dog sits back there.  see.....three bad reviews for a range rover right there
    fukahwee maine

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
     wiper blades are heated but should lift off the glass when parked at temps below 40f.

This is one of those things you don't know even exists growing up in the south. 

• fishlessman
    Elijah said:
     wiper blades are heated but should lift off the glass when parked at temps below 40f.

been driving for 42 years, 4 years ago i bought my first vehicle with AC.....its nice but no game changer. your car might have a heater strip under the wipers in the glass, alot of newer vehicles just have it built in now and most would never notice it
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Elijah said:

been driving for 42 years, 4 years ago i bought my first vehicle with AC.....its nice but no game changer. your car might have a heater strip under the wipers in the glass, alot of newer vehicles just have it built in now and most would never notice it
    Doesn't your driver warm up your car and prep it for the drive?
  • 4 yard concrete pour tomorrow. Then start “cookshed” build right off patio and deck. 
  • fishlessman
    arguing with a vendor that invoiced me with one of their office addresses and not their receivables address. they want me to put a stop payment on the check and do a wire transfer, im waiting for the check to get redirected to receivables or send back to me. i dont want to pay for the stop payment
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    arguing with a vendor that invoiced me with one of their office addresses and not their receivables address. they want me to put a stop payment on the check and do a wire transfer, im waiting for the check to get redirected to receivables or send back to me. i dont want to pay for the stop payment
    Sounds like a scam.  I would wait for check to be back in your hand.  Their address screw up is not your issue, no sense in putting yourself at risk.  Make sure everything is 100% above board before you send anybody more money.
  • fishlessman
    Sounds like a scam.  I would wait for check to be back in your hand.  Their address screw up is not your issue, no sense in putting yourself at risk.  Make sure everything is 100% above board before you send anybody more money.

just seems like the way things are done, invoiced from VA,  receivables in illinois, overdue receivables is in NC. nobody answers the damn phone, ask a question and they send me their memo from 2014, i started business with them in 2022. too easy to hide behind email.
    fukahwee maine

• arguing with a vendor that invoiced me with one of their office addresses and not their receivables address. they want me to put a stop payment on the check and do a wire transfer, im waiting for the check to get redirected to receivables or send back to me. i dont want to pay for the stop payment

just seems like the way things are done, invoiced from VA,  receivables in illinois, overdue receivables is in NC. nobody answers the damn phone, ask a question and they send me their memo from 2014, i started business with them in 2022. too easy to hide behind email.

Well they should be more responsive going forward with their 87k new employees.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman

Well they should be more responsive going forward with their 87k new employees.
    Can't wait for those guys. I foresee  a bottle cartel in Maine being the big bust in 2023
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    3,558 unread emails.  Yikes.
  • fishlessman
    Rookie,  I'll. Check mine tomorrow
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    “Red Girl” (remember pic with Jason aka @yolksonyou at BC?) must be having a mid-life crisis….

(Sorry pic is upside down)

153,768   if only there was a way to convert them into bge points
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

153,768   if only there was a way to convert them into bge points
    Wow!  That is an impressive total.
  • Bracing for impact … SWMBO is excited about this 

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk