Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'No Way To Prevent This,' says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    But we have the best BBQ in Overland Park & Wichita in the US!  And you can feel safe eating it in our restaurants, knowing that most patrons are armed citizens with high capacity firearms.  And lots of bullets.
    But you wouldn’t know that feeling, living in a $hithole city full of crime, with police resigning and jumping ship.  
    Delusion ain't just a winter sport in Germany...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited July 2022
    Options
    So you didn’t get the memo?  Best BBQ was Overland Park and Wichita. And you say you are delusional?  Sounds like a personal problem to me.  Nothing that lots of rest won’t cure.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    I can’t remember the last time I didn’t feel safe in a restaurant and I guarantee it’s not because I have some running fantasy that I’m surrounded by men with guns.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    I bet that couple eating dinner in that food court in Indiana felt safe too.  Till some crazy shot them both dead.  No matter how safe you feel, things can go wrong fast…and if you think the police can protect you 24/7…you are wrong.  You are the only one that you can rely on…and if you are not armed…you will become a victim.
  • Legume
    Options
    Yeah, I don’t/won’t live like that, but you have fun being scared.
  • Legume
    Options
    Tijuana in the 80’s, a few blocks off Revolucion, we definitely shouldn’t have strayed.

That was the last time.
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Legume said:
    So you feel better getting killed? Sounds very much like lib logic.

Fear has nothing to do with carrying a gun. That's where all of you libs have trouble. Its being prepared for something that may never happen but then again....it may. Its like you saying you don't want to live in fear so you will not use smoke alarms in your home. Most people never need one but some will be saved due to owning one.

So you have a choice.
    *Never go out
    *Depend on a cop to be there
    *Depend on a good guy with a gun to save you
    *Depend on luck...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The reason why we have so many wildmans and littlePEENs is because the far right media has been shoveling fear to their audience for decades.  The levels of unfounded and self prophesying fear many carry internally drives them nuts.  They're the same people who get conned by grifters, believe conspiracy theories, live in a bubble and who are sheeple who hypocritically call other people sheeple.

Options
    Legume said:

Fear has nothing to do with carrying a gun. That's where all of you libs have trouble. Its being prepared for something that may never happen but then again....it may. Its like you saying you don't want to live in fear so you will not use smoke alarms in your home. Most people never need one but some will be saved due to owning one.

So you have a choice.
    *Never go out
    *Depend on luck...

You are one f*cked up dude.

Options
    Legume said:

So you have a choice.
    *Never go out
    *Depend on luck...

The smoke alarm one is good, I hadn’t heard that before.  Does it come with a meme?
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    What’s up with the tiny peen posts?  It seems to be a recurring subject from Carey (Nola), Stolen Genrator, and several of Carey’s troll post. Really ****_g weird and childish.  This is not normal.  Perhaps @The_Buffalo needs to look at this, as it doesn’t have any place in an “adult” bbq forum.  
    Leave it to the guy who walks around strapped all the time to whine for the forum mommy to show up.  MOMMY!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    So you didn’t get the memo?  Best BBQ was Overland Park and Wichita. And you say you are delusional?  Sounds like a personal problem to me.  Nothing that lots of rest won’t cure.
    Did Tucker come up with that list? If you sincerely believe that, you are WAY loonier than I thought. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    caliking said:
    100% guarantee that all my buddies (police/sheriffs dept/KS hi-way patrol) are packing when in plain clothes.  I built a lot of their long range tactical weapons, but most are packing Glocks or Sigs for concealed carry, with high capacity mags.  I carry a Sig w/2mags. Almost everyone here has a concealed carry permit, and carries. We all own many AR’s. And thousands of rounds of 5.56 ammo.  And multitudes of 30 round Magpul magazines.  
    So our crime rates are very low in Kansas.  If you come here to commit a crime or harm someone, you usually leave in a body bag. End of story.
    Peep where KS is re: crime rate... "our crime rates are very low" my arse.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_violent_crime_rate

You, your buddies, and all that ordnance,  are not doing a good job at all. 

And, you're exactly the kind of hombre I'm worried about. Glad you're over there.

seems in maine we just mostly use guns to shoot the mooses and the deers.....and to protect our ice fishing holes
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    caliking said:
    100% guarantee that all my buddies (police/sheriffs dept/KS hi-way patrol) are packing when in plain clothes.  I built a lot of their long range tactical weapons, but most are packing Glocks or Sigs for concealed carry, with high capacity mags.  I carry a Sig w/2mags. Almost everyone here has a concealed carry permit, and carries. We all own many AR’s. And thousands of rounds of 5.56 ammo.  And multitudes of 30 round Magpul magazines.  
    So our crime rates are very low in Kansas.  If you come here to commit a crime or harm someone, you usually leave in a body bag. End of story.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_violent_crime_rate

And, you're exactly the kind of hombre I'm worried about. Glad you're over there.

seems in maine we just mostly use guns to shoot the mooses and the deers.....and to protect our ice fishing holes
    Saw that ME and NH were at the bottom of that list.  Pretty interesting.  

Growing up I just remember some story about some lady getting shot while she was hanging laundry in her back yard.  A hunter mistook her for a deer somehow.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    caliking said:

Saw that ME and NH were at the bottom of that list.  Pretty interesting.  

Growing up I just remember some story about some lady getting shot while she was hanging laundry in her back yard.  A hunter mistook her for a deer somehow.  

i can only recall one mass shooting in nh and it was in coos county of all places. one of the small town clerk offices, pretty sure everyone knew all involved.  imagine calling your wife from the sebago station that you need a ride home because some dude stole your ice fishing hole and you and your buddies drew guns.......
    fukahwee maine

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    @Canugghead - I was just going to comment on that when I saw your post. My northern aunt gave me a subscription to Yankee Magazine and I remember reading that article. Could not for the life of me figure out what kind of "Hunter"  would shoot any weapon in the direction of any home, unoccupied or otherwise. Horrible outcome.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    pretty sad story for both sides.  small town politics at play i would say
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Look at that, I actually got most of the details right.  That story did get a lot of media attention at the time.  People in my neck of the woods thought the hunter was an effing idiot.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Look at that, I actually got most of the details right.  That story did get a lot of media attention at the time.  People in my neck of the woods thought the hunter was an effing idiot.  
    300 foot rule to 
    A dwelling doesn't work,  have found empty shells 3 feet from the garage used as a duck blind.  If the land Is not posted it's assumed you have permission. It's Abit strange having people walk right thru while you are standing there. Hello,. Can I help you.....my 40 pound dog has a white tail, wears orange in the fall. All the dogs in the hood wear orange
    fukahwee maine

• WildmanWilson
    WildmanWilson Posts: 482
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The reason why we have so many wildmans and littlePEENs is because the far right media has been shoveling fear to their audience for decades.  The levels of unfounded and self prophesying fear many carry internally drives them nuts.  They're the same people who get conned by grifters, believe conspiracy theories, live in a bubble and who are sheeple who hypocritically call other people sheeple.

Talk about laughable…. You libs are so afraid that someone is going to mow you down with a Gatling gun or machine gun with a million round clip. You place all gun owners in a pile as one and the same and they all need to be punished equally. You never want to place blame where it belongs. You know nothing of facts so you always generalize because you’re so ignorant. It’s not the right that’s afraid Bo peep. 
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

So you have a choice.
    *Never go out
    *Depend on luck...

The smoke alarm one is good, I hadn’t heard that before.  Does it come with a meme?
    Funny that none of you have an argument for something so simple. 
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Legume said:

So you have a choice.
    *Never go out
    *Depend on luck...

You are one f*cked up dude.

Wow you really put a lot of thought into that reply. Lol. Yet you can’t dispute any of it logically so take the low road like a true lib. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    How does all this BS align with the "well regulated militia" leading concept of the second amendment fit?
    For me, it doesn't but I am open to reasonable discussion about how the "keep and bear arms" trailing part supports the well regulated militia leading piece.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Gun nuts claim that making policy to create barriers to gun ownership will lead to less "good guys" having guns, while the "bad guys" will still have/be able to get guns, anyways.

So, if its made stupidly easy for anyone to obtain a gun (no licensing/registration/background checks, etc.), how many guns do you think "bad guys" will end up with?

Are we then heading towards public shootouts at venues, all the damn time?
    The "good guy with a gun" thing is a slogan that was introduced by the NRA.  Sometimes I feel like folks fail to appreciate that the primary goal of the NRA is to... sell more guns.  As such they tend to construct nonsensical arguments that mostly point towards solutions where more guns being sold is always the answer, and anything that possibly results in fewer guns being sold must be opposed no matter how much sense it makes.  And so we get things like where even people who have well-documented mental illnesses are still allowed to buy guns.

We are in this strange place in the US where the culture has embraced something that is intrinsically harmful to the population.  The only way to keep that embrace going in light of all the obvious data is to come up with arguments that don't make much of any sense, at least not to anyone outside of the culture.

There are examples like this in other cultures.   One I've heard of is female genital mutilation (FGM).  There are cultures that believe all sorts of terrible things should be done to young women and their genitalia at various stages.  Most anyone who lives outside of those cultures recoils at the practice.  Why would anyone think that's an OK thing to do?  It's obvious that it's harming the population.  Well, if you ask the people inside the culture they will give you a long list of reasons, all of which probably make sense to them, but are in essence different versions of "good guys with guns".   

Many Americans are simply incapable of looking at this issue objectively.  

Those stickers are a **** to get off your truck.  Nobody wants to be wrong and have to replace a AR don’t tread on me sticker with a second salt life sticker.
    Bone collector? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • littlerascal56
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Starting to wonder how much longer we will have a “well regulated militia” if the Military can’t get recruits. Similar to the lack of people wanting to enter law enforcement right now.  Kind of a gloom forecast for our nation!
    Some of us remember the “draft” when we turned 18.  But we were in much better physical shape then, compared to an 18 year old today.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Yep- that's the latest headline regarding Army recruiting but the USMC has more applicants than they need right now.
    But that has no bearing on the right to bear arms issue and I submit that a well regulated militia as written in the 1780's is a far cry and totally different than today's military. 
    BTW- for well better than 20+ years, the number of male 18+ YO's who could qualify for military service is somewhere generously in the 30% range and closer to 20%.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Talk about laughable…. You libs are so afraid that someone is going to mow you down with a Gatling gun or machine gun with a million round clip. You place all gun owners in a pile as one and the same and they all need to be punished equally. You never want to place blame where it belongs. You know nothing of facts so you always generalize because you’re so ignorant. It’s not the right that’s afraid Bo peep. 
    Yes, you are right.